Minefeilds

We're at practice me and Josie are in the corner of the dojo light sparring but knowing us it's getting competitive and we start landing actual blows and senseis step in.

"You guys have some issues or something save it for the tournament" kreese says stand between us we both laugh we hug "no sensei just we're both competitive" we says still laughing "you guys are messed us but I like that" he says smiling.

"All right class fall in!" He says raising his voice to not quite a yell but louder than his normal voice.

We all lie in with the 4 of me jo Tory and Robby in the front.

"Today we have a very important lesson don't we sensei silver?" Kreese asks "yes we do weakness" silver says "your opponents weakness must be exploited whenever possible" kresse says "at the tournament you have to recognize that weakness and believe me we all have one" he says.

"Sensei kresse dosent" Tory says "of course he does we all do I shake my head "today our goal is to find your opponents weakness no points you hit the mat you lose got it?" He asks everyone nods "all right prepare for combat" he says we all go our separate ways.

"Weakness I don't have one I say out loud others agree I deserve that reputation This is a cake walk.

I see kresse and silver talking the. Sensei looks at me and nods I nod back wonder what that's about but I'm ready.

"Elswith" silver says as moons ex gets up "nichols" kresse says as Tory gets up they both walk over to the senseis who called there names moons ex is using her gymnastics not giving much when Tory finally throws her down.

"Good one sensei kreese who's next" silver says as they call another two.

A few go by one with kyler quickly beating a new member I'm waiting and itching to fight.

"Good work mr park" kresse says "thank you sensei Kyler says back "another one for me" kresse says "double or nothing?" Silver asks "ok mr Keene" he never called on me I'm starting to get angry me Josie and Kenny are the only three to have not fought yet.

"Payne" silver says I was expecting him to say me I burst out laughing I'm so pissed off im ready to spar senseis Robby kicks keeny in the arm he immediately stops and asks if he's ok.

I know what silvers going to say Kenny is his weakness and he's not wrong Robby kicks him again Kenny holds his arm Robby stops then Kenny sweeps the leg im so angry I was last to get called I'm not even listening to what silvers saying I'm just fuming.

Silver goes to walk into the office me and Josie look at one another like what the fuck kresse picks up on this "hold on sensei silver there are still two competitors left" he says.

"All right" he says walking back out "since my fighter won last I get to pick first" he says kresse nods "price" he says kreese smiles "Lawrence" he says as we both get up I walk over to kresse "you got this she isn't your girlfriend she's the enemy" he says I nod "don't worry I've got this" I say then I try to over hear silver and Jo I know her weakness I just have to get her there.

We both look at one another in the eyes "and fight" silver says we both just throw a few kicks and jabs finding the range then when I found it I lazily throw out a straight just to see how she would react she steps back so I throw a roundhouse she blocks and just like I imagined she goes to throw a side kick the only move where she over extends I go to sweep her leg but she one leg on her toes jumps over my legs and front rolls off of her toes.

We there goes my only trick that must have been what sensei told her then I go to the best move I got I throw a right then left hook she blocks I step back to throw a spinning side kick but the minute I turn to initiate the spin she grabs my turning leg and spins me down and I'm on my back.

I hit the mat visbly upset and silver cockily walks by kresse Josie goes over to high five Kenny and her and Tory talk Robby comes and helps me up.

"Maybe silver is better than kresse" Robby says as I nod "he's definitely better strategically I say trying to calm down they call practice the girls come over Josie hugs me.

"I knew you were setting the trap I thought I was gonna lose but last ditch effort" she says to me smiling "you deserved it" I say hugging her as we leave the dojo.
-
The next day I'm walking around the halls Tory and Josie are with there girl clique I see dad walk in I lean against a wall while he talks to Miguel and Sam the. Him and Miguel leave.

"Jealous" I say to her walking beside her "get out of my face Damon" she says "see I can't figure out who attention you want dads or Miguel's" I say as she looks at me "what you want me to come out and say it" I nod "yes" I say "well I wanted Johnny to ask me to train" she says I smile and shake my head "and let me guess larusso dosent know" I say she shakes her head "well he does and he dosent" she says

"What are you planning larusso" I ask she rolls her eyes "wait and find out tell your girlfriends good luck there gonna need it" she says walking past me I go and find jo "what is so important" she says.

"Listen what I'm about to say is important do not tell Tory or if u want to ruin ur chances tell her it's up to u anyway Sam is training myagi do and dads karate" I tell her.

"You talked to Sam and she told you" jo asks "not really but that's what is happening I guarantee it I don't have to worry about it just letting you know ok" I tell her "thanks baby she says kissing me "but I can beat Sam larusso any day of the week" she says as we hug "if u say so" I say and we head to class.