Back in black

I walk into the dojo everyone is already lined up but dad is that kreese Jesus that is kreese my dads old sensei I line up by Miguel and dad walks out.

"Class we have a visitor this is mr kreese he's just an observer pretend like he's not even here" dad tells us "mr Diaz warm them up" he tells him and Miguel fucks around I don't do it because I know that kreese is here and dad wants to show him he doesn't need him or that he's a better sensei and when Miguel gets the class to dab I face palm.

"What the hell was that" dad asks Miguel he turns to face him "we were just messing around" he tells dad "we have 11 and a half months till the next all valley" he continues "yeah besides we already know how to kick ass" hawk says and to say I'm a little agitated this morning would be a understatement.

"Hawk how about we spar and see how much you really know" I ask dad shakes his head he's always ruining my fun "oh so you think you know everything there nothing left to learn huh?" Dad asks and Aisha starts to laugh dad gets right up in her face.

"What's so funny ms Robinson" he asks her "I'm sorry sensei you just wouldn't understand" she tell him "try me" he tells her "it's a snake-do" she says "what's a snake-do?" They all hiss and put their arms like a snake and I think kreese noticed I'm not doing this childish shit because he looks at me nods and winks I nod back to him.

"Sensei can I spare all of them" I ask "in due time mr Lawrence"he says then kreese really looks at me like he didn't know Johnny had a kid maybe he knows about Robby I don't know "QUIET" dad screams at Aisha and everyone stops "5:00 am tomorrow morning at the corner of Fulton and Raymer don't show your off the team class dismissed" he says as him and kreese walk into his office I get changed and pull out my phone to see I got a text from tory we've been texting a lot but she always has an excuse that we can't meet up so I stoped asking but it's nice to just be able to talk to her kinda I guess I'm old school I hate texting would rather just call but whatever I go home shower and take a nap.
-
I get there and I see everyone working I go to help but dad pulls me back "nope I'm teaching them a lesson and you will end up doing most of the work" he says I nod and stand by him and kreese.

"Sensei how come Damon isn't helping" Aisha Asks "well ms Robinson did you see Damon doing whatever stupid shit Miguel made you all do and did he hiss and move his arms like a snake or was he pissed off and wanted to fight you all for wasting time" he asks "he wanted to fight us" she says and everyone nods "you just answered your own question" dad tells her and she goes back to mixing cement.

"There muscles are going to ache sure but if you want to make em tough you gotta give em something to be afraid of" kreese tells dad and dad must know me really good by now because he cut me off before I could ask "no Damon your not fighting them" he says as I nod "fine" I say "no ones afraid of a little cement" kreese adds "they will be" he says as a cement truck comes.

I stand by kreese as everyone faces dad "think winning the all valley give you the right to goof off?" This also confuses me I won the all valley me Damon Lawrence but the others are the ones being entitled it's just weird.

"Well i got news for ya winning one championship doesn't mean squat especially when the person who won us the championship is acting like a true champion he never stops training"now I'll take the free compliment I'm just not used to it "you gotta keep moving forward or else you will get stuck exactly where you are it's like the cement in this truck that drum doesn't start turning the cement inside will start to harden and get stuck is that what you want to happen to you? "No sensei" we all chant "good then climb up inside and make it spin" he tells them.

I step forward but kreese puts his hand on my shoulder "this isn't your lesson you already are tough it's genetic" he says as I don't quite get it but I guess it means something.

They all look at each other then Aisha speaks up "Sensei we're sorry for missing around" Aisha says "we learned are lesson" hawk says and then dad throws the ladder down and at this point kreese is cracking up and I can't help but start to smirk "Get in" dad yells "I mean sensei this seems a little dangerous I mean the fumes alone- Miguel gets cut off by kreese.

"QUIET" he screams and walks towards dad "this man led you to the mountaintop and you question him look at you look at all of you Damon looks like the only one that belongs here I can't believe this pathetic pack of pussies competed in the all valley and let alone won it's an absolute miracle now who's responsible for that miracle? Johnny Lawrence the best student in the history of cobra Kai my student" he says pointing to himself.

"You were sensei's sensei?" Hawk asks him "you better believe it kid and I tell you I've never trained a tougher student in my whole life" he say and I clicks oh when he said it was genetic he was talking about dad oh ok I get it.

"So if you know what good for you,you better listen to every goddamn word he says" kreese tells the class and then Miguel steps up "I'll do it sensei" he says and hawk follows him up.

There pushing for what seems like forever then finally it starts to rotate faster and faster till it's going the right speed and we all begin to cheer and we're all cheering them on then finally we're all done so I head home after a long morning I take a nap.