The Water Is Not As Clean As I Was Told

Grian finished updating the TEGG leader board and looked at his score. False was in the lead, but Grian wasn't going to let that be for much longer. It was his game anyways, there was no way he was going to lose so easily.

The game seemed to be about who could best hide the egg, but only a few hermits had made something to really push the limits of how to keep the egg from being stolen. A great example was Iskall's puzzle of sorts. Oh, but Grian had an idea that he felt trumped the entire game.

He was going to sell the TEGG. What was the dragon's egg but a way to make more money?

It was all really simple. All he had to do was make a mechanism to sell the egg. It was easier said than done for him though. Redstone was never his topic of interest, and he always had ways of getting around doing it himself.

"Hey, G." Pearl's voice shattered Grian's fragile concentration. "Whatcha going on there?" Grian stepped in front of his clunky redstone and smiled.

"My new money-making scheme— I mean... thing." Grian said. He looked back at it. He coughed, "What are you doing?"

"Just looking to find some inspiration." Pearl admitted. "I've been feeling a bit dry in the creativity department."

Grian smiled and sat down on the edge of his train cart. "With the things you get up to, I'm amazed you can go so long without that happening."

"More like a miracle..." Pearl sat beside Grian. "Can I level with you for a second?"

"Of course." Grian said.

Pearl looked him in the eye with a strange intensity, that of curiosity, "Grian, do you remember Evo?"

Grian scoffed out a laugh, "Evo? Sure, I do..." He paused before letting go of his smile. "What about it?"

"I was just wondering," Pearl put her hands up, "It's—"

"What did Mumbo tell you?" Grian's voice went cold and harsh.

"Mumbo? He said nothing... to me..." She backed up, "I just... was thinking about it."

"Well don't," Grian scowled, jumping off the train platform. "There's nothing to think about."

"You don't need to get so defensive," Pearl said, "You don't need to flash back and forth between being nice and rude."

"I'm not being defensive!" Grian argued, following Pearl as she turned to walk. "Look, what did you wanna talk about?"

"You clearly don't want to talk about Evo," Pearl said, heat floating in her voice. "Clearly you are okay with what happened."

"Why wouldn't I be?" Grian asked genuinely, "We can't go back, we were brought here for a reason; you were brought here for a reason."

"I— First off, don't assume I'm doubting," Pearl closed her eyes, counting silently to herself . After she cooled down, she said, "And I wasn't brought here, I was abducted. There's a difference, Grian. Learn it." For a second, she looked back at him, "If that means coming to terms with what Mumbo was talking about, then do it. Jesus, Impulse was right, no one can talk to you anymore."

Grian almost said something, but Pearl had flown away before he could. He cursed under his breath. Mumbo hadn't said anything of truth, there was nothing to come to terms with. He remembered what happened in Evolution. Of course, he did. He might not be able to pinpoint when he left or when he got to Hermitcraft, but that was a small thing.

And of course people could talk to him! Pearl had such a nerve these days. What happened to it all?

He'd never thought about it for long. The last time he even remembered talking about it before Mumbo's lies was season six. He had a vague idea of what happened, but it was nothing solid, nothing he could prove. Didn't Mumbo take him Hermitcraft? Was Evo still there? He thought he still remembered the spawn's coordinates. Maybe he should look one day. He could take Pearl and maybe they could pretend they weren't Watchers for a little bit.