God Among Men

Wadzee looked out at his melon farm. It was no shock how far he had gotten for as long as he had been in the area. The towers that rose behind him, the structures where only the most precious material had been used, the monuments to his control on the sanction of land allowed him. He took a deep breath of the fresh air.

It was a wonder what he could get away with without being a true Watcher. But his deal reminded itself when a visitor joined him on the megalith structure of himself.

"Does your ego get any larger?" Iskall taunted as he looked down at the self-portrait.

"Not ego," Wadzee smiled. "Pride." His voice was sleazy behind his mask. An entrepreneur and businessman who had the Watchers hook, line, and sinker with his agreement to bounty hunt for them. And he welcomed the benefits that came with the deal.

"I guess you deserve it." Iskall chuckled. "At least a little bit."

"You deserve some too." Wadzee said, crossing his arms. "The best hunters the Watchers have their hands on his no task to sneeze at." Wadzee looked Iskall up and down. "Plus, we look amazing. We can have pride in that, can't we?"

Wadzee always did look his best; there was never a day where the hunter would take a day off from an outfit. His black turtleneck was underneath a blue and purple gradient shirt. On top of both was a white, short sleeve jacket with silver detailing. His hair was puffy and stuck out behind the mask. Despite the mask not coming down over his mouth or nose, he didn't have any features to hide. He wore an elytra, fake wings that were provided to him by the Watchers.

Iskall wasn't concerned for his appearance, but he did think he needed to look a certain way if he was going to be a hunter. Looking cool was inferred in the job description. Half his face being cybernetic helped. Iskall's black leather vest and black pants and shirt contrasted drastically with Wadzee's light theming. His large boots added a few inches that made him almost even with Wadzee. Iskall's wings were almost always hidden with magic; he didn't like them that much, but they were very useful.

Thankfully, on hunting duty, they didn't have to dress pedestrian. Dressing pedestrian was a struggle for them and their unfortunate facial features.

"So, what's the deal today?" Wadzee asked.

Iskall smirked. "Some rebellion started up. Nothing we can't handle." Iskall looked at his communicator and sent Wadzee the details. "A girl named Moon kidnapped Mumbo. Wants to take Hermitcraft down apparently."

"Working with Ex, no doubt." Wadzee said. "You know, even I was a little freaked out when I saw Xisuma panicking so much."

"Yeah, it's been a lot." Iskall looked at the sun, high in the sky. "And Pearl's gone missing. It probably has to do with this too."

"Damn."

"I'm glad Ilmango got to us quickly."

Wadzee slapped Iskall on the back. "Let's go find us a deviant and save your friends."

The two flew down from the portrait and landed in the soft grass. Wadzee's land was given to him by the Watchers as a test. When he not only completed the test, but went much further, the Watcher's offered him to join them. But Wadzee refused. When all was about to be taken away, Wadzee made a deal with them.

On the surface, Wadzee was a hunter for them as long as he got the perks of being a Watcher.

Iskall didn't believe that was the whole story. Though, he wasn't sure what the deal really was. No matter what, Iskall kept a close eye on Wadzee when they worked together. Not of fear for himself, but of fear for the people they were tasked with putting away. And now with his friends on the line, his eyes were attached to Wadzee's permadeath sword.