Just Like Old Times

Philza tapped his foot and crossed his arms, reviewing Ranboo and Wilbur's information. They looked pleased with the story they had told and seemed confident in Philza to ride back with them. It was a little too perfect though. A woman named Moon addressed them to take down one of the most secure Watcher settlements in the world? But Technoblade and Tommy were a part of this plan, Wilbur making sure to add the quick and temporary alliance with Las Nevadas. The paper was official looking; Slimecicle and Quackity had written and signed a letter to the citizens to make it true that Wilbur and Ranboo weren't insane.

Philza looked between them one more time.

"Sure." He said simply. This was enough to have two jump up and down with excitement and girlish squeals. "Okay, but if you ever do that again, I will be leaving."

"Great, let's go over to Las Nevadas and hand over the order." Ranboo waved the piece of paper around. Philza boarded a horse with Wilbur and the three rode over to the bright city. The new sun broke over the tall and grand buildings. Every inch of sidewalk, every skyscraper that breached the clouds, all was a reminder of the hands that put it all together.

Philza wasn't a big fan of this place or the people inside. Though not a monarchy or even having an official government, Quackity's vice grip on the money and land was a bit too close to the line.

"Isn't this place beautiful?" Ranboo asked through clenched teeth, surely as excited as Philza.

"I'll get to see my boy again!" Wilbur cheered, the only one with a real want to visit the sandy city. People walked the streets, some staring at the wagon-less horses and some ignoring them entirely. The city was like from a movie, from another era. And the casino was the main attraction.

"I hate they made this public." Philza seethed.

"More money, I guess." Ranboo said. "At least it's nowhere near Snowchester or anything.

"Or the prison." Philza added under his breath.

With a flash of the letter, and a ride up an elevator, they found the members of Quackity's party. Fundy, Purpled, and Sam looked out of the glass tower and Sam turned when he heard the elevator ding.

"FUNDY!" Wilbur pushed to the front and grabbed his son, showering him with kisses. Fundy squirmed, trying to rid himself of Wilbur.

"What is this?" Sam asked sternly.

Ranboo smiled, unsure. "Well, it's an order." He handed the creeper the paper with Quackity's signature. Sam grabbed it and read it. Purple looked over as well.

"What?" Purpled asked. "That makes no sense."

"Why would Quackity just jump into a war like this?" Sam asked.

"It was a spur of the moment decision." Ranboo said.

Wilbur got an idea. "If you guys come help us, I'll let go of Fundy and won't take him by force!"

"Please!" Fundy said, holding Wilbur back. "Don't do it! I can handle him!"

"Money." Philza stepped forward, placing a hand on the paper. "I have no doubt we'll be rewarded beautifully."

Sam glared at him, "Why should I trust you?"

"Why not, Sam?" Philza asked in a low voice. "If this plan goes through, all of Hermitcraft's wealth goes to us. And there is more than enough of that to go around."

Purpled and Fundy's eyes glimmered. "All of that money..." Fundy said.

Ranboo smiled and opened his arms, "And this doesn't mean we are buddy-buddy, either." He placed his hands behind his back, "This just means we are allies in a war. And the more allies, the more likely we are to win."