Setycortsa's Interlude

Ex hummed to himself; eyes closed. His straight jacket held his arms behind his back and his legs together.

"You know, torture is illegal for all other prisoners." Ex yelled. "This is pretty torturous." No one responded to him, but he knew they could hear him because the radio's red light was on. He looked up, eyes meeting with the camera. "Come on!" Ex jeered, "I don't even get a call?"

Nothing.

He laughed, "Are yah scared? What am I gonna tell them? Bring me a doggy bag for when they break me out?"

Nothing.

Ex sighed and scooted over to the wall, leaning against it. "Well, if you don't want to talk, I'm going to sleep." He got situated, "You know, when I had a bed and movement of my limbs, I could never get comfortable. I guess I owe yah one!"

He closed his eyes and smiled, knowing that he could get a call without those guards' help. The only good part of being Xisuma's twin.

"Still bitching, I see." He said as soon as he saw his brother. Xisuma turned around, his eyes and nose puffy and red.

"Sety!" Xisuma yelped, backing up. "What do you want?"

Ex laughed. "Oh, Suma..." He crossed his arms, relishing in the freedom of his limbs. He was looking at a younger version of his brother, and so was Xisuma. Their voices were also younger, which was weird at first. They'd looked and sounded like that since they found out about this ability. It was right after Xisuma got his mark.

The X was still bright red on his face. His shirt had a few blood drops on it. His hair was shaven short.

"God, I keep forgetting how you look," Ex sighed, "It shocks me every time though you look the same. Yet somehow you also look weaker every time."

"You don't look so hot either." Xisuma coughed back, wiping off his face. He chuckled sadly, "You hadn't got the bleach right yet."

Ex shook his head. "You always try to turn this into a casual, nice conversation. That's not why I'm here."

"It never is." Xisuma growled.

They were in an empty house, their childhood house but devoid of all that made it a house. No furniture, no lights, no doors, nothing more than bland carpet and a carved hole in the wall for a fireplace.

"I'm getting out of prison soon." Ex said. "And I'm coming for you and your hermits. I'll try not to kill anyone this time, but you just watch."

Xisuma stayed quiet.

"Why don't you tell them?" Ex asked, stepping forward. "Why don't you tell them to surrender? You know what's coming, yet you keep quiet about it."

Xisuma stepped back, head down but back straight and arms clenched.

"It's like you want the hermits to fail," Ex came closer still, backing Xisuma to the tan wall. He jolted, hitting the wall. "If you won't answer, I will." Ex stepped back, allowing Xisuma room to breathe. "Because you're weak."

Xisuma didn't disagree. Ex creased his brow.

"God, you're pathetic."

"No..." Xisuma said, softly, "I'm not quitting. I'm strong," He looked up, the wound of an X glowing with a purple radiance. "When we next meet, you will surrender, and the Watchers will hardly face a rebellion again."

"Loaded words for someone whose army is growing weaker with each passing day."

"Loaded words for someone who isn't even sure they'll come get you."