It's Gonna Hurt Like Hell

Techno and Squid had really become the brutes of the team, handling the prisoners most of the time. A few work days had passed between capturing Wadzee and Iskall, and they had used the days to the full extent. After a few conflicts, Moon had to tell the problematic peoples to just avoid each other. Some days they worked like clockwork, others it was a preschool.

Moon looked into the new room constructed for the prisoners, through the one-way glass Dan provided. Mod wielding was something She hadn't thought about a lot at all, but it was quickly becoming welcome. A new arrival from Shady Oak, Think, was an expert on the subject. He and Dan had labs years ago where they would experiment and learn the craft of many mods. Of course, these places were dismantled by the Watchers, but Moon didn't know the details of it all.

That was something that had lived rent-free in her mind: all the Watchers' crimes. She was excited to get into the system of documents that Hermitcraft kept an eye on. As some of the people she was working with wanted money or just personal revenge, the documentation was her 'petty' reason to take down Hermitcraft. Morbid curiosity was pulling her to know the true deeds. It would be good fodder for convincing others to join the cause.

Squid and Techno tossed the three into the new room. Each had their own bed, a separate bathroom and a little kitchenette. Though a lot of furniture was okay-ed by the Watchers for convenience, it had to be approved and made specially. Dan and Think convinced Moon to put modded furniture in the room, just to tease them. Moon didn't want to be too cruel, but a fancy counter wasn't going to hurt anyone. There was also a closet full of strangely fancy lamps that was added. She decided not to ask.

By the time the three woke up, more work had been done on the rest of the underground base. And above ground. On the surface, they made a mock base, just for a bit of trickery. It was made to look abandoned, so that a passerby would assume no one was around.

Iskall woke up, taking in a deep breath.

Was he just punched asleep?

He looked around the clearly modded room and sniffled.

"Where are we...?" Wadzee asked, slowly coming to. Iskall looked at him and saw him almost step off the bed.

"DON'T MOVE!" Iskall commanded, waking up Mumbo in the process.

"What?" Mumbo gasped.

"They are mod wielding!" Iskall explained. "Who knows what kind of traps they have set up!" Wadzee and Mumbo looked at each other and then back to Iskall. Mumbo curled up on his bed and rocked back and forth. Wadzee leaded over his bed and poked the floor.

Dan narrowed his eyes. "We aren't monsters." He said. Moon raised her eyebrows.

Iskall carefully jumped from his bed to Mumbo's and sat down beside his friend. "Hey, hey you're safe now." He said, cradling Mumbo in his arms. He let the lanky man lean back into him. His wings weren't soft in the slightest and reeked of blood and sweat. One of them was bent far out of shape.

"Well, not really," Wadzee said, oblivious to the glare from Iskall. "We do seem to be in a well decorated cage that belongs to a rebellion that is directly against you two." Wadzee's vision landed back on Iskall, and he quickly tensed up, seeing the fire on Iskall's face.

Iskall turned away from Wadzee and continued comforting Mumbo. The redstoner buried his face into Iskall and started to cry.

"Why are you laughing?" Moon snapped at Techno and Squid who were cackling softly behind them.

Squid lulled his laughter for a second, "Look at them! It's so pathetic!" Techno was unable to stop laughing. Dan crossed his arms and looked to Moon to solve the problem.