Hunger Games: Finnick (1.2)

A/n: This is part two of Finnick's last one. It will be when they actually get reaped and some of Finnick's POV will be in this (I think). Btw Finnick is 19 and Y/n is 16. Annie and Finnick are just friends.

Y/n: Your name

Y/h/c: Your hair color

Y/e/c: Your eye color

Y/n/n: Your nickname

Kat: Katniss's nickname

Y/n Pronouns: She/Her

Y/n's POV: 

Katniss, Prim and I started to walk to the town square to get reaped. I fiddled with the pin Kat gave me nervously, Prim was doing the same. 

My younger sister grabbed my hand titer when she saw the other kids getting their fingers pricked. She stopped and tried to turn around. Me and Kat dropped to her height, "They just prick your finger, it's only a little bit of blood" Katniss said almost convincing her it would be fine.

"Prim it doesn't hurt much, just a little" I say looking into her eyes. She nods slightly and takes my hand in hers again.

Her hands are warm and slightly sweaty, I am trying to remember what they feel like in case this is the last time I feel them.

I let go of her hand and put my hand on her back when we get to the start of the line. "Go down with the other kids, we'll find you later" I say pushing her back lightly to the kid's line. 

"Next" "Next" "Next" "Next" I can hear the woman say as me and Katniss make our way to the start of the line. She touches my finger with the small metal torture device sending a small about of pain through my finger and drawing a drop of blood.

She scans my blood and pushes my finger on the page next to the spot with my name. I wait for Kat to finish and we walk side by side to our age group. 

Prim is already in her line, I give her a small smile when she locks eyes with me. Her lip quivers a bit as she tries to give me one back. I look to Katniss but she is already looking at someone. 

I look in the same direction and see Gale. They both have had a crush on each other since the first time we meet him. He looks at me after mouthing something to Kat and gives me a real smile. 

Katniss always thought Gale liked me and so did my mom and Prim, but I don't like him like that. I did when I was young, but not anymore. 

Our escort, Effie Trinket, makes her way on stage in a ridiculous outfit and wig. I have never understood capital fashion. The bright makeup and long nails look so fake, we shouldn't be showing that to kids and saying that is what beauty looks like.

She taps the mic and says the same speech I have heard since I was 12. "Welcome, Welcome. Happy Hunger Games and may the odds be ever in your favor." Her accent is so fake, just like everything about her.

"Now before we begin we have a very special film brought to you all the way from the capital."

"War, terrible war. With those orphan and a motherless child. This was the uprising that rocked our land. Thirteen districts rebelled against the country that fed them, loved them. Protected them. Brother turned on brother until nothing remained. Then came the peace. Hard fought. Sorely won peace. The people rose up from the ashes and a new era was born. But freedom has a cost And the traitors were defeated. We swore as a nation we would never know this treason again, and so it was decreed that each year the various districts of Panem would offer up in tribute, one young man and woman to fight to the death in a pageant of honor, courage and sacrifice. The lone victor Bathed in riches would serve as a reminder of our generosity and our forgiveness. This is how we remember our past. This is how we safeguard our future."