- End of a war -

Eddie decided to crash at Steve's place after his name had been finally cleared of all murder charges. Steve didn't mind he was actually glad, and was very hospitable towards Eddie.

Things were somewhat going back to normal, but of course Steve had been acting strange. Later that day at work Robin noticed and immediately asked, her concern peaked. "Hey Steve, you seem more quiet than usual?" she asked as she put away VHS tapes in the room in the back and came in with that concerned mother look. "Well, I'm just confused..you know, stumped on something" he admitted, as he stared at her.

"Well, do you wanna talk about it?" she said as she looked back at him. "I don't know how to explain it, it's complicated..have you ever uh felt something you shouldn't?" he said as he leaned back on the counter. "Depends on the situation, why? are you having nightmares?" She said insisting. Steve sighed softly as he looked down for a moment. "It's just with everything that has happened I just feel like I shouldn't be feeling on edge" he lied, smiling nervously.

"Oh, Steve it's normal to still be on edge, I mean you just went through hell and back!" She said, laughing as she rubbed temples. "I guess you're right Robin, thanks" he said, grabbing his things as they prepared for closing time.

Robin knew or rather she felt she knew he was lying, she noticed how his facial expression changed the moment he looked up and told her. "Not to be nosy, but uh I think you have more hidden than you let on" she said with a cheeky expression. "I have no idea what you are talking about" he said with a chuckle. "Oh I think you do" she said narrowing her eyes. "uhm, well I've just been sick is all..you know, really sick-" he sighed, realizing how dumb he sounded. "Yeah yeah, cut the bullshit". "What- I'm not bullshitting youuu-" he said rolling his eyes.

"Well I think you like someone, it's sorta obvious!" she said teasingly, grinning. "Uh-huh, you keep dreamin Robin" he said laughing. Robin sighed, rubbing her temples again. "yea sure, just call me to let me know you're safe" He nodded and headed out as Robin locked up for the night.

As he returned home he noticed Eddie was still in his house, he tilted his head to the side for a moment before walking in. "Munson?" he said, shutting the front door and locking it. "Uh yea?" Eddie yelled back, as he walked out of Steve's room wearing his usual hellfire shirt and leather pants with a chain. Steve tried his best not to make his staring obvious, "uhm I didn't think you'd still be here". Eddie chuckled, smiling softly which made Steve feel his stomach twist and turn. "Course I am Harrington, where else can I go" he said as he stared at him. "Uh-huh, so I guess you could stay here, but like do you have clothes and shit-" Eddie laughed, running his hand through his hair. "Look, I do, but uh it's just a bit strange that you let, "Eddie 'the freak' Munson in your house" he said leaning towards him tauntingly.

Steve laughed whole heartedly, "Look, Eddie I hope you know you're not a freak, I was just being an asshole and I seriously didn't mean it". Eddie rolled his eyes, "Yea I know, but it's just weird..I didn't think you could be this nice, ever actually-" he said laughing softly. "Yea I surprise myself sometimes too" Steve said laughing with him.

For a second they just laughed, it's been the longest since they genuinely laughed. They stared at each for a moment, just to admire the other. "I think I should head off to bed, I have a date tomorrow" Steve said, rushing off into his room his heart racing. "Shit, why did I say that.." sighing he got ready for bed, he felt really guilty and upset (?).

Eddie didn't know what to say, his eyes glistening as he went to the guest room and shut the door as he sat on the bed. "Bullshit, he'd definitely tell me if he did, he tells me all the time" for a second Eddie felt relief. Not knowing why he shook his head and decided he'd sleep.