New Problems

Ayato finishes getting dressed and rushes over to the conference room. When he arrives he sees Gorou, some of his soldiers, Thoma, and his sister. All heads turn as he walks into the room, including Thoma's; but now was not the time, there seemed to be worse things at hand. Ayato could barely sit in his chair before he was provided the bad news.

"Word has got out that her excellency wants to commence another vision hunt decree," Gorou informed him. The whole rest of the table apart from the soldiers were in shock.

"Another one?" Ayaka blurted out. "We had one only last year. Why again?"

All members directed their attention to Gorou who had informed them of the possible upcoming event.

"All we know is there is word from her soldiers themselves from around the whole premises."

"Let's wait on it then, it seems to be just a word." One of the soldiers said. Ayato noticed this soldier, the same one Yae was talking to. [Funny...]

Ayato sits further up in his chair. "Even if this is just word, it's better to be prepared than caught off guard."

Gorou nods his direction. "Exactly. That's why we came with this today. We need you're behind the scenes work again. It would really help us out."

"Of course, I'm going to say yes" Ayato pauses "but, my men are a lot fewer these days."

Gorou looks at his soldiers who look at him and smile. "I will supply some of my own men to help."

"Well then." Ayato starts. "I see no reason why I can not."

Gorou puts his hand to his chest and nods. "Thank you, wholeheartedly."

Thoma who is listening to all of this finally lets out the questions he's had since the beginning.

"But why, I don't understand. If it is true, why another decree? Didn't she swear to never do something like this again because she got in trouble with the Archons?"

Gorou folds his arms and looks down. "Yes, but being an Archon herself and having known the Fatui, we don't know what she's capable of."

"I see."

"My men and I will be on the front lines; and if things do decide to go down, we can count on you for help, right?" Gorou says as he and his men stand up.

"Absolutely." Ayato replies standing up as well. He shakes hands with Gorou and the Resistance walk out. The door closes behind them.

Ayato walks over to the wall and leans on it.
"Another vision decree? As if we don't already have a lot on our plates."

"This sure is a lot to take in," Ayaka says also standing up. "I think I'm going to sleep on it, and you should too. It'll help you think better."

"She's right, waka. You should get some rest."

Ayato sighs knowing he can't argue with them both. " Very well. Good night to you both."

"You as well."

Take care, my lord."

Ayato waves to them and walks off to go to his room. [Another possible vision hunt decree, trying to deal with other clans and dealing with my own feelings at the same time?] Once again it was all too much for him to wrap his head around. He started to feel sick. Maybe he really did need to sleep on it. He arrives at the doorway to his room and is greeted by the cold air of his room. He walks over to his bed and throws his shirt on the floor. He was mad, confused, and a little dissatisfied. This is not how he saw his life going. [but unfortunately, being a leader means dealing with matters such as these.] He gets into bed and closes his eyes.

[Thoma, Ayaka, Gorou, Itto, Shinobu, Yae, I don't know what I'm going to do.] He turns over on his side, eyes still closed. He lies this way for about ten minutes before turning back on his back. He fell into a rem sleep but woke up not long after due to uncomfortability, continuing to toss and turn the whole night. Eventually, he fell asleep but not with the most pleasant feeling. Something bigger was coming, and all of them were oblivious to it.

{Author's notes}

Sorry for this chapter taking so long to come out. I've been busy cleaning and writing the Zhongchi fanfic that's to come after this one. When this chapter is posted another hundred people would have read this fic. And to that I say thank you so much loves!💙 Have a good day @^@