And So it Starts

Before any of them knew it, the doomsday came. Itto getting his vision taken was the start of the second vision hunt decree.

"I can't believe they took mine again! And, and not only that but they also took mine first!" Itto says holding his collar in his hand. It looked so bland without his shiny geo vision on it.

"They probably wanted to get you outta the way," Shinobu says sitting on the picnic table.

"Well, I'll have them know that they're not getting rid of me that easily," Itto reaffirms grabbing a metal Claymore. "I'll just have to fight without the vision."

"Do you really think that's a good idea, boss?"

"If a handful of men who lost or never had their visions can fight in a war, why can't I."

Shinobu stands up "Just don't get hurt out there. We need a leader to come back to."

"And you'll have one."

Shinobu smiles.

"Well then I'm off," Itto says opening the door.

"Safe travels boss." Shinobu says saluting with her fingers for the last time in a long time.*

☆ ☆ ☆

Days past and the fighting was restless. No one could go out in the streets without hearing a civilian scream or someone pleading for their vision back. It was horrible. Ayato was out with the Watasumi army almost every day. Ayaka was stuck in the office doing paperwork. Thoma was in charge of keeping up the house as he always has; but as he swept and dusted he was being torn apart by the two forces in him. [This can't go on.] He needed to make a decision and it needed to be made soon.

☆ ☆ ☆

Ayato steps through the doorway. It had been hours since he'd been home and he wanted to check on Thoma and Ayaka. After all, he did still have people to take care of. He walks into the main room of the building to find Ayaka holding a piece of paper with a perplexed look on her face.

"Ayaka, what's wrong?" He says approaching her.

"It's...Thoma," she starts. Ayato looks down at the paper in her hands. "He...he's gone."

☆ ☆ ☆

After walking across Inazuma, Thoma finally makes it to where the Watasumi army was residing. [There's no turning back now] He sees Gorou talking to a soldier who's wielding an aimed bow.

"Um, excuse me, general Gorou?" Thoma says slowly creeping in. He knew everyone was staring at him, he wanted to cower and go back, but regardless he stuck to his motive.

"Thoma? What're you doing here?" Gorou asks moving towards Thoma.

"I-" he hesitates. [I need to do this.]  "I would like to fight with the Watasumi army."

Gorou stands confused. To him as far as he knew Thoma was always quiet and loyal. He looked in Thoma's eyes, he saw a burning passion in them. One he'd never seen in any of his soldiers.

"Welcome." he says passing Thoma a sheet. "Were happy to have you."

Thoma looks at the sheet in his hands. It's a form, he had to sign it to get in he presumed. As he signed the paper he thought to himself. [Everything's so serious now. The sky's always gray and it feels like eons since I've seen someone smile.] He puts down the pen. If he was going to fight for better days, it would be now.

☆ ☆ ☆

"What're we going to do he could be anywhere!?" Ayaka was pacing back and forth, her brother could tell that she was worried. Thoma and her she like two peas in a pod, and without Thoma, Ayaka was falling apart a bit.

"This isn't surprising," Ayato starts.

"Huh?"

He looks down at the table. "Thoma is a very loyal man we both know this, but when having to chose between two things, like any normal person,he'll chose the most important one." He stands up.

"I believe that Thoma is more than capable if taking care of himself and we shouldn't shelter him...i know that now; but yet and still, I wanna fight by his side."

Ayaka regains herself a bit. "Me as well."

Ayato nods in her direction and they stand in silence for an extended period of time. Ayato thinks back to what he said to Thoma. He understood now what drove Thoma to his decision. And he felt as if he owed him a big apology.

{Author's notes}

Hehe, secret chapter🤭. I don't really like this one and I'm not really good at transition chapters🥲 I've not been updating these stories cause I've been making art and putting more time into my violin. Hopefully I'll be able to update them more in the future.😅 thank you for reading this chapter.💖 * Guys I promise I don't have any intention on killing itto