-her past

---------- narrators pov

lilah has lived in hawkins all of her life with her slightly older brother, steve.

she has been suffering from severe anxiety and depression since the summer before she started highschool, when her parents started fighting and her dad moved out of the household.

her mother started to drink and would sometimes lash out at steve or lilah over small things. lilah started heading downhill that summer and fought with her mum almost every day.

steve ignored what was happening at home and gained alot of friends at school, at the time becoming extremely popular. lilah was somewhat popular because of steve and because of her bestfriend, bronte williams.

bronte and lilah met in 4th grade, when bronte was getting bullied and lilah threw a ball at a boys head telling him " go away or I'll tell my brother! " that scared the boy away. from then on, the two of them have become inseperable.

bronte became popular because she had joined the cheer team, and she started dating a good looking boy on the football team. lilah gained more friends once bronte joined cheer team, one of them being a sweet girl that goes by the name of chrissy.

her boyfriend was always an asshole though, he used to always try and flirt with lilah behind chrissy's back and call people poor insults for no reason other than the fact he was a douchebag. another girl that lilah had befriended was robin.

when lilah's brother steve started working at an ice cream place in the mall, lilah and bronte went there atleast every weekend to get free samples from steve, that's when they both became familiar with robin and all three of them started having a regular movie night every friday, steve occasionally joining.

since robin was around a year older than bronte and lilah, they were never all in the same class. chrissy and lilah usually had classes together, along with the company of eddie munson, the only boy that irritates her more than her own brother.

eddie and lilah have never gotten along well ever since eddie moved to hawkins the summer before high school. It started when eddie accidentally spilt some strange liquid on her in science, staining her favourite sweater

" oh my god you've got to be kidding, this is my favourite sweater! " speaking loudly while glaring at him, he responded in a small chuckle thinking it wasn't much of a big deal. from then on, the two had it out for eachother and lilah couldn't bare him.

[ authors note ]

hi everyone, this is one of the first stories i've worked on and published so please no judgement <3

what do y'all think of lilah's past?

remember to vote if you like this and give me feedback so i know what im doing right and wrong :)

472 words.