3. Magic

Mia's POV

I went to the operation theatre wearing my surgeon gown , gloves and mask . I loved my job , it gave a new thrill everyday. While performing the surgery my hands felt like they were moving of their own accord , as if creating a rhythm and adding the music of life in the soul of the man lying motionless in front of me . In a few hours he would start moving again and all because the work done on him by me and my team . Saving people , healing them , it felt like a special power that I was blessed with. It felt like seeing magic in its purest form each and every single day . The smile on the child's little face when we save his mother . The way the old lady hugs and blesses us when we save her son . By just the look of pure happiness and gratitude they give us , everything seems worth. All the efforts it took to reach here , it feels like everything was worth it .

This guy had severe injuries and fatal wounds , especially the one in the right side of his abdomen. The bullet had tore it's way inside his liver. We quickly performed the surgery, removing all the three bullets and stitching the gashes . These wounds would have killed any normal human within eight minutes. Yeah , that's the time it would have taken for the blood to flow out of the gashes  and empty half of the blood vessels and ultimately leading to shut down of the heart . But as he was a werewolf , he survived them . Earlier I was really pissed that I had to skip an important surgery but then I recieved a text from Dr. Stanley and he informed me that this patient was a werewolf. So , I had to treat him as I knew about werewolves and couldn't let the secret out by showing the other doctors the way he would heal after the surgery.

After cutting the last thread with a pair of scissors , I went to the restroom and took off my mask , gown and bloodied gloves . After sanitizing my hands , I left the surgery. As expected those other guys were waiting outside . The moment I stepped outside , one of them came to me and asked " How is he ?" He was the same impatient guy from earlier .
" He is fine now . You people can meet him in a few hours , once he is awake." I told them .
The guy's face shone with happiness that wasn't expressible in words .
He was standing there with his arms wide open and his chocolate brown hairs all messy. His blue orbs were shining and saying something to me like asking me to come closer and maybe even hug him . The first word that came to my mind after seeing him was handsome . The second was chocolate . But the moment he came closer and wrapped his arms around me , the word that came out of my mouth was - jerk .
" Thank you so so so much sexy .I will make sure to reward you well " He said hugging me like he was doing me a favor.
"Jerk " I said and pushed him away . His eyes reflected hurt ...deep hurt but his face reflected shock . I walked past him but before I could leave, he grabbed my wrist and I instantly jerked it back .
" What's wrong sexy ?" He asked me as if I was a patient with some wierd disease.
" First of all quite calling me sexy ." I snapped at him .
He just chuckled and said " I could have said that you are beautiful , attractive, just like a baby doll , like a sunflower , like sunshine....like anything but I thought I should say the truth . So , I called you sexy . But if you don't like it , we can think of another name. " I didn't notice that he had moved right in front of me when he was saying all this .
" We ? When did you and I become we ?" I asked him, raising my eyebrows.
" Oh , we were born that way darling. Didn't you feel it when I hugged you ?" He asked as if stating the obvious.
" I didn't feel anything  when you tried hugging me ." I told him
" Stop pretending darling." He said while chuckling.
" First of all I am not pretending and secondly what was I supposed to feel anyways?" I asked him , confused.
" I mean you must have felt those sparks when I touched you , just the way I felt ." He said with uncertain eyes .
" No " was all I said .
" Tingles ?"
"No"
" Fireworks?"
"No "
" Electricity?"
" No"
" Goosebumps?"
" No"
" Magic ?"
" No"
With this our rapid fire round came to an end and his face fell like I just sentenced him to death for stealing a hamburger from my fridge.  Then an idea seemed to lit up his mind and he said
" Maybe the hug wasn't long enough " and then his arms came around me but before he could wrap me in the hug , I pushed on his chest with my palm right on his heart .
" I have many important things to do rather than dealing with jerks ." I said walking away.  And he was left there standing like a statue.
But then I heard him say from behind me " We will keep meeting darling. If not by choice then by the hands of destiny." But this time his voice wasn't soft or gentle like before . It was harsh , cold . Someone might have assumed it belonged to a  different person. I just ignored it .
As I walked away, I thought about the moment when I placed my hand right above his heart . I felt something at that moment , it wasn't from the contact and it surely wasn't sparks or tingles . It was something deep inside me something like....magic .

A/N :- Evening to all the book bugs . First of all sorry for the late update, I just got hooked up to a book .
Secondly , do tell me how you guys felt about this conversation between them ?

Q. Why Mia can't feel the mate bond and what will Cain do ?

Lastly , thank you again for giving this book a chance. :)

Vote . Comment. Share