8. Storm

Cain's POV

2 days later.....

I entered the huge white building which was christened The City Hospital. A few humans looked my way as I passed , some recognising me . A nurse approached me and asked
" How can I help you sir ?"
" Where is Mia ?" I asked hardly controlling all the frustration in my voice.
" Sorry....what ?" She asked again, as the first time she was busy , openly staring at me . Someone teach these humans some modesty please.
" Dr. Mia Chrismen " I almost shouted... almost.
" Oh... second last room of this corridor." She said.
I quickly walked past her , with long strides . Making my way to my mate .
A nurse was carrying a tray of different surgeon knives while walking  past me . I picked up one knife from the tray and stabbed my left bicep , making at least a six centimetres long cut . Warm blood started oozing out almost instantly and the nurse shrieked . But I kept walking , throwing the knife back in the tray . I don't think they will use it again but whatever, who cares .
I shut my wolf off for two reasons , first to stop the wound from healing and second , the more important one was to control myself in front of my black pepper. I didn't want that day's events to repeat themselves.

Flashback ....

" A word " I said grabbing her wrist and taking her with me .
I didn't want to talk in front of everyone , they were telling me how to treat my own mate . Like hell , they would understand what I was feeling right now. Actually from the moment I saw her , I wanted to claim her as mine . Touch her , kiss her , hold her , mark her as mine . And it wasn't only my wolf side , even as a girl she was way more attractive than anyone I have ever seen.  And by the mere contact of our hands , my heart was beating like an idiot. But when she said that she doesn't feel that way , my world broke away . I thought she was joking or maybe she can't identify that feeling , she is a human . Atleast that's what I think. But then someone attacks her . My blood boiled at the mere thought of that but at the same time I felt another emotion...it was.....fear. Fear of something bad happening to her , fear of losing her . No , this wasn't normal , this wasn't right. I can't become vulnerable. If I fear , my people fear .
I can't be with her . It will make me weak . I decided I will tell her to forget it all but just one glance at her , made my heart melt and my down hard . Ha...the irony of the situation.
We reached our room....soon to be our room and I couldn't take it anymore. I pressed her against the door and locked it . Getting as close to her as possible without making her feel my boner  . The type of girl I guessed she was , she would get uncomfortable if I went too far.
" What are you doing?" She asked in a timid voice. Ahh...her voice , her expression , her eyes which  were downcast it was enough to turn me on .
" Look in my eyes" I told her and traced my hand lightly on her soft cheek before raising her chin . Her eyes were so deep , deeper than the black hole .
We had a small conversation and by the end of it , I couldn't control myself anymore. My wolf was getting out of control. This was the first time I have lost control of it . I  wanted to throw her on the bed and have my way with her . The thought was very tempting.
But then I heard a voice saying " yes" , my angel was standing in front of me telling me that it was wrong. The gentleman that my dad always wanted me to become, came on the surface and gave her a choice . My wolf was jumping in anticipation but she said " No" . A loud and clear no . And just like that I let her go , slip away from me .

Present day .....
I barged in the room , which had Dr. Mia Chrismen ' s name plate on it . She stood up from her chair .
"  Prince Cain...." She said surprised , but then her eyes landed on my arm .
I locked the door and walked towards her in my werewolf speed , standing right in fron of her in a flash .
I moved close , too close . She looked scared , confused..... concerned.
"First , it's just Cain and second , I need you to treat my wound." I said coolly while walking past her and sitting on her chair . Blood was now flowing a little faster than before.
" What happened to your arm ? And why are you not healing ? And what are you doing here ?" She asked while grabbing her first aid kit .
I didn't answer her any question , just stared at her . She found me staring and looked away while blushing a little.

You took the wrong decision that day darling , by saying no . I will make you mine no matter if I have to stalk you , seduce you or claim you unwilling. Though it won't come to that , you will come to me yourself . I thought to myself.

" Take off your shirt ." She said while taking out an antiseptic liquid.

" Ahh... already trying to undress me ? Take it slow , girl . " I said in a lazy voice .

" You will die if I take it slow , you idiot.  And this is not a time for your jokes . You are bleeding and I don't know since when . You are also not healing and you don't know why . I mean we both don't know anything. " She said while taking out a gauge and scissors.
I was so highly amused by her banter .
Just ....too cute .

" Take off your shirt." She said louder and with urgency . Her eyes they held... concern in them .

" I can't." Was all I said while nodding towards my arm .

She groaned in frustration and bent down , her hands on my collar and her face inches from mine . I knew she won't be able to resist my lips .

But then she started undoing my buttons . Oh ! And here I thought about a sweet kiss . But this also felt good .

Her eyes were focused on the task at hand and mine were focused on her cleavage, which wasn't clearly visible, thanks to her buttoned up shirt .

She opened two or three buttons and then....thwack ....she ripped off my shirt .
My mind instantly drifted to the worst . This girl is going to be the death of me .

" Wild cat " I muttered. I don't think shutting off my wolf really helped.

" I heard that . Now , it may pain a little but don't move your arm okay ?" She said so gently , like talking to a child.

She did all the work really gently and carefully but while applying the gauge she pressed it a little , purposely , not that it mattered.
" Next time don't injure yourself or I won't treat you. " She said in a stern voice .

A smile crept on my face . She knew but she still helped . She was still concerned.

After she was done , she looked at me . Her eyes instantly widened and she looked away . Her cheeks turning crimson.
" Wear your shirt." She said , still looking away .

I chuckled at her reaction , it amused me so much .
Just ....too innocent.

" Never seen a shirtless man before?" I teased a little, while getting up .

" I don't think you want to know that ." She said , her neck fixed at the same right angle .

" Ofcourse not . The answer is clear as day . Just so you know you tore my shirt into shreds ." I said chuckling.

" Yeah right. See , there are some spare clothes in that cabinet over there. So pick the one that fits you and change quickly." She said turning away .

Oh man ! I worked so hard for these abs and she isn't even sparing a proper glance. Anyways I found something of my size and put it on .

" Anyways , I was wondering if you would like some coff..." I was asking but suddenly

Bang.....ahhhhhh......bang

Loud sounds of gunshots could be heard in the hospital and people were screaming like maniacs .

Whatever it is , it isn't good. And I need to protect her .

A/N

Finally!

It was difficult to write this chapter after such a long time . ( Wipes off her sweat )

But here it is !

Please, please and please Vote . Comment. Share

Salena_Swis