Unfinished business

꧁ 26 ꧂

꧁ 26 ꧂

"finally, you're so clingy"

"ADAMS SKATING TONIGHT!"

"AGAINST S/N TOO!"

"WAIT THAT LITTLE RED HEAD WUSS IS ALSO HIS OPPONENT? TALK ABOUT A BLOOD BATH."

The group - minus shadow- gathered in a small huddle to the side of the starting line. Reki stood confidently in the centre, hand clutching his newly modified skateboard. But Miya's eyes were drawn to the girl stood beside him, her usual charismatic mood seemingly absent. Instead, she was silent, Goosebumps laying fresh along the uncovered flesh of her arms as she fiddled with her gloves, silently regretting the fact she always wore fingerless gloves instead of ones with protection for her fingers. Cherry silently snook glances at his niece. He knew it would be like this, that she would be on edge. He wanted nothing more to pull her into his embrace and let her sink into his arms whilst he whispered words of comfort to the small girl. But alas, he refrained himself, knowing it would only cause her to become even more worried. Besides, she wouldn't want anyone else seeing her weak side.

Miya was the first to break the silence: "There's absolutely no way a slime like you is going to beat the demon overlord," he snapped at Reki, doing his best to avoid bringing his best friend into the scolding.

"If it's too much, best to tap out" Joe added.

"It's not like he'll let you tap out" S/n whispered under her breath, full aware everyone had heard. Miya tensed.

Hearing that, Reki faltered. "I-its not a given that we're gonna loose guys. Though I guess it's not a given we'll win either." He readjusted the skateboard in his grip and stared down at the wheels. "But I know for a fact I'm not backing down this time."

It was silent for a short while. "I'll be at the finish line..." Cherry announced. He looked over his shoulder at the man stood behind his wheelchair. "...push me"

Joe sighed placing his hands on the handles and guiding the both of them away. "Whatever you say princess," he mocked at Cherry's bratty behaviour, "you fire Carla or something?"

Langa turned to Reki. "You have got to win this," he commanded. S/n stared at them with regret, their voices now a blur as her thoughts deafened the surroundings.

She Should have stopped Reki from accepting. She should have warned him about what he's capable of. She should have beat Adam the first time. She should have-

Her thoughts ended after feeling arms wrap around her. She turned to be met face to face with the one and only Miya Chinen. He didn't say anything, and neither did she, she just wrapped her arms under his and returned the gesture. It was at times like these where y/n was confused by Miya. His simple gestures. although she needed them, always caused her chest to tighten. She didn't know if it was metaphorical or physical but she couldn't help but feel strange each time it happened. Unbeknownst to her, Miya was feeling the same thing.