Chapter 9: The Sports Festival Begins

Yn pov

I'm so excited, the sports festival is finally here. We got the office ready for us to watch. We have snacks, drinks, and food. But sadly Lucas and I aren't going to watch it here. We're going to UA to watch and help. Lucas is going to be in the announcers booth but he's probably going to fall asleep. And I'm going to help Midnight referee.

"Lucas are you ready"!

He comes out of the dressing room in his hero costume,"Yup, let's get going"

I wave goodbye to everyone and we teleported away.

We entered the stadium but it was still empty, good we're early. Lucas started making his way to station and waved goodbye. I hope Present Mic's voice keeps him up, but I doubt that.

"Azure, over here"!!

I turned to see Midnight, I smile and ran over to her and hugged her. She than hugged me back cheerfully," I'm so glad you made it"!

" I'm glad you invited me"

We than let go of our hug and made our way to the place. The stadium slowly started to fill up with the audience until it was packed. . Present Mic started to announce,

" The U.A. Sports Festival, is about to begin everybody!

Are you ready?!"

Then all the first years started to come on to the field and he announced again,

"Hero course, Class 1-A!"

"Hero course, Class 1-B!"

"Support course, Classes C, D,E,F,G,H"

"And business course, Classes I, J,K!"

Then Midnight and I made our way to the stage. I noticed at lot of students turned red when they saw Midnight and I. I wonder why?

Midnight than spoke up," Representing the students is Katsuki Bakugo from Class 1-A!"

This should be interesting?

He than made his way on stage and took the Microphone," I pledge, that I will be number one"!

Everyone started to get rowdy after that but I liked his confidence. As he went down I congratulated him," Good job Bakugo-kun"!

He turned away and mumbled," Thank you", and he walked away. Midnight turned to me,"Would you do the honors"?

I nodded excited and took the mic," Now, here is the fateful first game!"

A screen than started to project and rolled until it landed on obstacle race. This sounds like fun. The students than made it to the starting line. Midnight then yelled," Start"!

And they ran off to the finish line. I felt someone pat my head, I looked up to Midnight smiling," Good job"

" Thank you"

As the students ran, Robots appeared to block there path. The students stopped except for a boy with white and red hair. He looks familiar, I think hes Endeavor's son. He froze the robots and ran ahead of everyone. What a powerful quirk and such potential. The rest of the students than started running to.  I than turned my attention to the green haired boy. He took a peice a metal from a robot and sliced the robots head off. He than kept the price of metal and ran off. I wonder why he isn't using his quirk, maybe doesn't want to use it to early because he might have bad drawbacks. If that's the case, he's playing it smart, I respect that.  They were now ar the second stage: The Stage. It's a canyon that the students have to trekk by walking the rope. Since the white and red haired boy is in the lead he already passed the stage he reached the final stage: The Land Mine Field. Bakugo completed the second stage and was catching up with him. And the green haired boy close behind them. He than enters the mine field and catches up to them. The boys were close to the finish line. But the green haired uses the metal sheet and slams it on the ground, setting off several mines and blowing dust into Bakugo and the other boy, forcing them to stop. He than passes the finish line and wins first place. Second place went to the white and red haired boy and third place went to Bakugo. Soon enough the other students passed the finish line. Midnight than states that the 42 students at the top have earned the right to advance while the other students fail to advance. She than hands the microphone to me. I smile at the students," Now, for the second event: The Calvary Battle. The top 42 students must form a team of 2-4 for this event and the teams earn points by grabbing headbands from the other teams. The number of points each student is worth is dependent on their placement in the Obstacle Race. And the team that earns the most points wins and moves on.  Now everyone form your teams" !