𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

╔════════╗

𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

╚════════╝

𝐅𝐞𝐛𝐫𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝟏𝟖𝐭𝐡, 𝟏𝟗𝟕𝟕

I WILL NEVER FORGET THE DAY I MET HIM.

It was probably the best day of my life.

It was my birthday, I was turning 10 years old and I had nobody to celebrate it with.

My mother was working all day, two and three shifts, trying to keep together our home, for the sake of our wealthy reputation.

My father was a drunk and a later-on junkie, resulting in his death.

He overdosed when I was 8.

So I was basically a former rich kid, in a public school, living in the suburbs of a small town in Indiana, called Hawkins.

I had the perfect life.

Or so people thought.

My mother and some of my father's relatives, covered up his death, meaning people didn't know what happened to him, and that's how the assumption was strong 'till this day.

Meanwhile, we were far from perfect.

After my father's death, I was diagnosed with severe anxiety and IED, aka our very own anger issues.
Meaning I was practically a walking time bomb ready to explode at any given time.

That, and the limited attention I got from my mother and general family, made my situation exacerbate.

I had no friends, I was extremely cold around people -we're talking like, temperatures below 0- and I was in a forever situation of self-isolation.

'till I met him.

As I said, it was my birthday. But given I had nobody to share or celebrate it with, it was just an ordinary Friday.

So anyway, I didn't go home after school.

Mom wasn't gonna be there, so I thought, what's the point?

And that's how I decided to go for a walk.

After lots of walking through the woods, I grew kinda tired.
Thankfully I knew where I was so I turned on my inner compass and I walked towards where I knew civilization existed.

And I indeed was right.

I was near Hawkins High School.

The High School I was probably going to attend in the future.

As I neared the school, my eyes caught the glimpse of a table.