𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐕𝐈

╔════════════╗

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐕𝐈:
𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐯𝐞

╚════════════╝

I FELT EDDIE STIR UNDER MY HOLD.

He had managed to fall asleep, unlike me, who stayed up all night thinking.

My brain didn't stop for a freaking second.

Why don't we have a turn off switch!?

I contemplated everything that had happened-

Patrick was dead.

He was freaking dead!

And he died just like Chrissy.

-things that might happen-

Jason fucking saw us.

We could get arrested.

I'm probably wanted too at this point.

-and what we were supposed to do...

We could hide.

But we're already hiding.

We need to get a freaking walkie-talkie now as well, how else are we supposed to communicate with the gang?

Millions of thoughts travelled around my head, occupying every single braincell I had up there, keeping me stone, cold awake, as Eddie snored lightly on my lap.

I looked down at him, as I was seating down against a tree, admiring his characteristics and wiping away a few stray pieces of hair.

That unfortunately made him wake up.

"Hey." I called softly, smiling at the sleepy boy.

"Hey." He said groggily, his morning, raspy voice sending shivers up my spine.

"How did you sleep?" I asked, caressing his hair absentmindedly.

"Good. Good." He nodded his head slightly, before sighing and staring into the void with an expressionless face.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked, noticing his unsettling look.

"Anything and everything."

Welcome to the club.

"I beat you up to it. I've been up all night." I sighed.

"You've been what!?" He yelled, shooting up immediately.

Oh no.

"Are you freaking mental? We're running around, hiding and experiencing all sorts of stuff and you don't get any sleep? How are you supposed to survive!?" He yelled, his face coming ever so slightly closer to mine with each word.

"Exactly because of what were experiencing I cannot sleep! Are you fucking kidding me? You think I'm not fucking tired? You think I don't wanna sleep my ass off?" I snapped. "We've been running around, adrenaline up our butts 24/7 and we're witnessing the most gruesome murders of our lives, and you expect me to sleep? Like you insensitive brick did?" I slapped Eddie in the chest, causing him to raise an arm and place it where I hit him, as I confronted our situation.