Bitter.

The wind was cold enough that it froze his face; he didn't care. He stared across the barren wasteland, his eyes filled with such sorrow it could make anyone cry. He hated losing, and yet that was what happened. The Enchantress had won, and the war was over. She had destroyed everything; the once great Ancient Heroes were dead.
Had he minded, he would have broken down a long time ago. But he no longer cared about what happened to the world, or anyone around him. They were gone, anyway. All of this world was crumbled. She had left him alive, before stabbing herself. Her last words had been;
"So you can feel the pain of everyone around you...isn't that what you desired?"

It wasn't. Not entirely. He had wished to endure the pain and sorrow of everyone he'd met so they didn't have to suffer. He didn't wish to be alone forever.
His eye stung at the air blowing in his face. He blinked, squeezing his eyes shut after to fix the situation.
Here he goes again. A domino effect, caused by the death of the King. If he decided to go back, just this once, and try again...
He felt like he'd done this before. Raising his hand, he stared at his palm, covered in scars. He closed his eyes, taking a breath in and sighing. Once more, he felt the wind blow around him.

He blinked his eyes open. The King stood in front of him, worry coating his face. Maybe in this timeline, he'd be able to stop it all.

"Gingerbrave?"
"...Yes, Father?"
"Are you alright?"
"...Yes, Father."