Chapter 12

Kiara

I opened the huge white box Aaron left which had my school supplies. I quickly remove my uniform from the box. I don't need a frantic Aaron on my back.

I change into my uniform which is, a white sweatshirt, a checkered vest and black skirt. I wear short slacks under the skirt, because it always feels uncomfortable with only underwear.

Looking in the mirror, I check my mess of a face. First I tamed my hair which was a bird's nest. I only apply some sunscreen, because who needs makeup for school. Checking on jewelry I decide on wearing mini Chanel studs, my rings and my regular necklace.

Noticing the time I swear out loud. I rush out quickly wearing my docs.

The breakfast was already plated on the counter for each of us. Declan and Aaron were already seated. I sit on one of the stools and take a look at the breakfast.

Aaron stood up and went upstairs, probably to see why the boys are taking so long.

"Good morning, Kiara." Declan greets.

"Nothing is good about this morning." I grumble, taking a bite of bacon.

He raised his eyebrow. "Did you not get enough sleep?" He questioned.

"Why do you care?" I poked at the yolk of my egg. He sighed and continued his breakfast.

I did not get any sleep last night. The whole time I kept thinking and creating scenarios how I'll be a disaster at school.

"Come on! Rush it!" I heard Aaron yell.

One of the boys said something I couldn't hear. "No Noah, I don't care if your ass is on fire. Just rush it!"

A grumbling Felix, Ezra on his phone and a half composed Noah come trailing behind Aaron. Trying to convince Aaron to let them have a day off.

"No! Just no. It's your first day. There's no way in hell you are missing it." Aaron said pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Listen to your brother." Declan said firmly, shaking his head at their antics.

They started eating their respective meals as quickly as possible because we were already late. Declan stood up checking his watch. He watched all of us take the last bites of our food.

"You are fifteen minutes late." Declan said to no one particular. "And, Kiara after school ends I will send a driver to drop you to the office."

"Why do I need to go to the office." I narrowed my eyes.

"Because there's no one to look after you. Noah has basketball practice, Felix and Ezra has some important work to complete. So your stuck with me." He explained.

"I don't need anyone to babysit me. I'm fifteen god's sake." I argued.

"Is that so." He folded his hands. I glared at him in return. But inside I was dying. His stare was so icy. I swear Declan was planning to kill with his gaze.

"Yeah."

"Oh," He raised his eyebrow. "Is that how you ran away then."

I scoffed. "But-"

"No buts. You are late, go on." Declan dismissed me.

-×-×-

Aaron is driving Noah and I. Felix and Ezra are driving together in Felix's car because he didn't want to sit with me in a closed space.

What a load of bullshit. I rolled my eyes.

"Are you excited for school?" Aaron asked, his eyes on the road.