Eatin'

Quickly heading to my cabin, I leave my phone and guitar in there. I make my way down to the beautiful restaurant, where I see my family waiting for my arrival. The walls are a beautiful, light shade of pink and there are various paintings covering them.

"There you are! Have you put the guitar away in your room?" My Dad asks, while browsing the food menu.

"Yeah! I spent a little time talking to a few people who came up to me and said they liked my music. I put my guitar back in the cabin afterwards." I say as I pull out a chair to take a seat.

My family ordered lobster with vegetables and I ended up going with Spaghetti Bolognese. It's ironic that I hate seafood, being the fact that we are at sea. I just stick to my safe and favourite Italian meals.

We finished up dinner and desert and continued with small talk as we prepared to leave the restaurant. For some reason, throughout my entire time at dinner, I kept replaying that scenario I had just had with Shawn. This doesn't happen to everyone. But then again, I shouldn't let this get to me. Any little sign of interest or affection from a male gets me hyped. It makes me sound oddly desperate, but it's not that. I've never had a boyfriend, and I've never really been the girl to have a lot of guy friends. My insecurity levels have naturally always been high so I've always felt this need of wanting to have been assured by a male that I look good or something. I'm still working on myself constantly, trying to make myself look perfect. It makes me sound weak but it's human nature.

I head back to Liam and my cabin. He goes straight into the washroom to change into his pj's as I plop down on my bed and pick up my phone that I had left there before dinner.

Shawn: "Hey !! I just wanted to say that I had a really nice time just talking to you today ! I forgot to tell you earlier so I thought I would just text you."

Shawn: "I'm guessing you're at dinner ! Will I still see you tomorrow ?"

Shawn: "I'm gonna stop bothering you now but I just wanted to say goodnight ! So...goodnight !! Haha"

I smile at his words. A month before today, I never would've imagined Shawn Mendes casually texting me first and casually sending me three messages. I know he is sleeping so I send him back a quick message for him to look at in the morning.

"Haha ! I had a really nice time too ! And of course I'll see you tomorrow ! Goodnight Shawn !"

I send the message with a smile on my face and put down my phone as I see Liam walking out of the washroom with his pj's on. He gets into his bed and turns his side of the lamp off.

"Have you brushed your teeth Liam?" I ask like a concerned mother.

He lazily nods his head as he slowly drifts off into sleep. I head into the washroom with my large Science Fair t-shirt that I got for participating in one and my candy cane Christmas pyjama bottoms. I brush my teeth and hair and put it up into a top not. I get into my bed and turn my side of the nightlight off. Why do I have butterflies in my stomach? I'm so nervous yet so excited to see him tomorrow, oh my goodness. I replay today over and over again in my head. The way I met him was just so perfect! He saw me as an artist. We met as two artists. I really hope I can start a good friendship out of this.

//super short chapter, but I just didn't know that people were actually reading this, so I thought I would stop but I got a few people asking for an update so I was like "oh people really are reading this?" I'll get back on track from now on!//