Cruisin'

We pull up to the dock. The cruise ship is absolutely massive. I've always had a fear of oceans but with the size of this ship, I'm sure I won't even feel like we are moving. We park our rental car in an underground parking lot and pay the fee of leaving it there for a week. As I'm pulling out the suitcases from the back of our trunk, I sing to a few Shawn Mendes songs. The acoustics in underground parking lots are incredible. I was taking advantage.

We enter the cruise centre to sign some papers. They collected our fingerprints and took pictures of our faces. It's probably just for safety reasons....just incase the ship sinks or something. I try not to think about that to much. It's causing me unnecessary paranoia and anxiety. I have to enjoy this. After we finish up the picture taking and signing. We take two flights of stairs, leading us to the main deck of the ship. As we walk through the doors, I hear reggae music. There are two ladies standing there to welcome us.

"Welcome! Where are you guys from?" One of the ladies asks as she hands each one of us a leigh to place around our neck.

"We are from Canada! We are super excited to get away from the cold for a little while." Mom says with a smile as she puts the leigh around her neck.

I repeat my mom's actions and smile at the ladies as I walk past them. The size inside the ship was very overwhelming. The air conditioning was on to save us from the heat outside. I do a full turn to take in the beauty of the ship. It had a split staircase, exactly like the one in the Titanic. It looked almost identical to the inside of the Titanic. I'm just hoping that this ship really is "Unsinkable" and doesn't follow in the Titanic's footsteps.

My moment of taking everything in is interrupted my the screeching of young, prepubescent girls. My head flinches from the noise and I look around in confusion.

"THEY ARE HERE. I SAW JACK GILINSKY. WE ARE ON THE SAME SHIP AS FREAKING JACK GILINSKY. OH MY GOD I AM GOING TO CRY. MELISSA THIS IS A DREAM. PINCH ME!" A girl screams to her friend as tears stream down her face.

I roll my eyes in anger. Great. I haven't even put my bags in my cabin and there are already screaming girls on this ship. It took a while before her words actually flew through my head. Wait. Jack Gilinsky? I'm on THE ship. The ship that the Jacks, Espy, and Shawn Mendes are on. Vanessa is going to freak when she hears about this, but I'd rather not tell her. I don't want her to assign me missions to go bother them and take pictures. I want them to enjoy this vacation as much as I want to.

We get to our cabins. My mom and dad share one cabin, and Liam and I share another. After settling in and putting away all our luggage, we decide to head up to the main deck to see what was going. We are staying just a floor below it, so we could hear all the loud party music and chattering that's taking place upstairs. I take the glass elevator and enter the main deck. People are dancing in their bikinis, getting drinks and swimming in the pool and the ship hasn't even started moving yet. I swerve my way past half-drunken bodies and head over to a beach chair, facing the vast ocean. It's terrifying yet breath taking at the same time. I isolate myself from the rest of the people on the ship and watch the clear, blue body of water ahead of me.

"I SAW THEM. THEY JUST LEFT THE CABIN! THEY ARE COMING UPSTAIRS!" My moment of zen is interrupted by the screeching of a new group of prepubescent girls. How many of these girls are there on this boat!?

"OMG OKAY HERE THEY COME! ACT NORMAL JESS! I CANNOT BELIEVE IT RIGHT NOW!" I hear one of the girls speaking to her friend.

Out of curiosity, I turn my head to see what these girls were up to. I knew who they were waiting for.

There they are. I see four familiar faces walk through the doors I was just at a couple minutes ago. It was difficult to see them through the abundant flock of teenage girls. I shift my head to the right, trying to get a better view, until I could see Jack Gilinsky speaking to the girls.

"Hi guys! How are you?" He says trying to move through the crowds of girls.

"Please a picture!"

"Can we get a picture Jack? Matt? Shawn? Jack?"

"I've been waiting here for so long! I love you guys can we take a picture?"

All I hear are girls begging for a picture with these boys. You get a picture. Then what? It's all just to show your friends that you met these people. If you really liked this person, you would stop and introduce yourself to them, no matter how quick the time frame.

"Okay! Don't worry guys! We're gonna take pictures with all of you!" I hear a very familiar voice say. It was Shawn Mendes. I have to admit, he looks great behind a computer screen, but he looks absolutely incredible in person. I've had my eye on him for a while now. I remember, I would watch him on vine and revine every single one of his videos. I think any boy who could sing and rock out on a guitar is automatically attractive. Shawn also happened to be my age. Five months younger to be exact. That still wasn't enough for me to go and ask for a picture with him. I didn't want to meet him as a fan. I would feel vulnerable meeting him as a fan. I want to meet him as a girl he would bump into at a café or some cheesy crap like that. I know that that is a stupid thought and highly unlikely. I'm way out of his league and I know that for a fact.

Matthew Espinosa, Jack Gilinksy, and Jack Johnson look pretty breath taking as well, but I just can't take my eyes off of Shawn. Seeing him in a white, muscle tank top, with his perfectly built arms hanging freely out of the shirt. Seeing him in his Raybans and his messy, swept up hair. My entire body was begging me to go up to him. I forced myself not to imagine some vivid fantasy about this boy. I watch as the boys slowly take pictures, and move through the crowd, take pictures and move through the crowd. It goes on for quite a while. After these girls get their picture with them, they either just leave and pay no more attention or they stick around and yap in their ears. No one could ever prepare themselves for this kind of life.

Not being able to watch this never ending fangirl moment, I decide to leave the upper deck and go to my cabin. Just to lie down and breathe a little.

*yay Shawn showed up in this book for the first time! They will be meeting very soon!*