TWO.

Melanie stared at her notebook until she heard the door open, indicating someone stepped in the class.

She looked up and was met with a pair of hazel eyes.

They looked like honey,and although he wasn't looking at her,she was looking at him because he just interrupted her reading and she didn't like that.

"Class,this is Damien Brooks-" the teacher said and was interrupted with a round of roaring applause. "I'm sure many of you met him yesterday. He's new here,and when I went through his records,I was so impressed. This is his first English class, so please welcome him once more"

The whole class applauded,well except for Melanie.

She didn't get why one student had to get so much appraisal.

Of course,his eyes went to Melanie. She was easily spotted because despite being at the back,she was on a wheelchair and that already intrigued the interests of people who saw her for the first time.

Damien stared at the seat,he didn't know what to do because it was right next to Melanie and he felt awkward because he didn't know if it belonged to her.

He tried to communicate with his eyes,but this girl with round glasses wasn't even sparing him a glance.

"Are you sure you wanna sit at the back, Damien?" The teacher asked with concern.

"It's where the only empty seat is" he shrugged

"Well,that seat is for Melanie," he said and pointed to her. "She doesn't need it as we all can see,so Damien. Feel free to claim it"

Damien nodded and sat on the seat.

His fresh scent hit Melanie's nose,and she turned to her left to check what was going on because honestly,she wasn't paying attention.

She saw Damien in her seat,but she didn't argue because she didn't need it.

She felt like she could get swallowed by a hole because the proximity between them was so much for Melanie to handle.

They weren't so close,but y'all know the normal space between two tables in class.

She took a deep breath as the teacher's voice interrupted her thoughts.

"Shall we move on to concord?"

Melanie wheeled forward a little, because she couldn't concentrate.

She was so familiar with Hudson's scent,his proximity and every other thing.

Boys didn't approach her much,so she didn't know what to do if any one asides her brother did.

*** ###
"Did mum book you another session today?" Hudson asked as he wheeled his sister towards his car.

Actually,it was theirs to share but he pretty much owned it because Melanie was an introvert.

"She did" Melanie mumbled as she tried to open the pack of avocado biscuits.

Hudson helped her into the car and drove to Melanie's therapist.

As he drove,he noticed her quietly chew her biscuit.

"How was school,Mel?" He asked

"School was alright" she shrugged as she focused on the biscuits in her hand.

"I'll be there to pick you up by 6"

"Six?" She asked quietly

"Yes," he threw his head back. "I have a date with Dawn"

"I don't wanna stay there till six" Melanie said.

"I'm sorry,but you gotta chill"

"But what if you come drunk?" Melanie asked