𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 - 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧: 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐬

𝐂𝐎𝐁𝐘 𝐋𝐄𝐅𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐀̂𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐔 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐃 over to where kie and pope was sitting on the dock

𝐂𝐎𝐁𝐘 𝐋𝐄𝐅𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐇𝐀̂𝐓𝐄𝐀𝐔 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐄𝐃 over to where kie and pope was sitting on the dock. she brought her hand up to scratch her neck awkwardly, knowing that kie wouldn't want to talk to her. but she needed to say what she wanted to say, hoping that it'll get kie to open her eyes. she smiled slightly at pope trying to comfort kie, knowing that he liked the girl. he wasn't too good with dealing with sadness, not knowing how to comfort people. he would usually start speaking facts about dead bodies or one of his other interests.

"uh, pope." coby called, making the heyward boy turn towards her. "can i talk to kie for a few minutes? the boys are in the château."

"yeah, sure, coby." pope nodded, getting up from the dock. he walked towards the girl, sending her a reassuring smile. "good luck." he whispered as he walked past her. she send him a nod as a thank you.

coby sat down next to kie, not saying anything for a few seconds. instead she just looked at her, taking in kie's tear stained cheeks and broken look on her face. she felt bad that she had made kie cry, especially because of how close the two were. "look -" coby started.

"i don't wanna talk, jake." kie muttered, looking out into the marsh. she brought her hand up to rid her face of the tears, sniffling as she did so.

the sawyer girl released a sigh, nodding her head slightly. "then. . . you can listen. that sounded harsher than it did in my head." she told kie, turning to look out into the marsh too. "i'm sorry about all of this. i know you two have a past, and that she hurt you. i know that better than all of the boys do cause i was the only one you gave all of the details to. i was the one who almost broke her nose because of she did to you. you're, like, the most important girl in my life. always have been, always will be. but. . . now sarah is too. and if i could change that, i would. but i can't, kie. i can't."