Chapter-7

"That fat bastard said what?!"

Makoto sighed and began to massage her temple with her thumb and forefinger as they walked. "He said he wants me to find out who the Phantom Thieves are." Her tone indicated clear aggravation with the subject.

Night's face scrunched up in disgust. He had no care for the principal of Shujin ever since the Kamoshida incident, but... "Why does he want to know who 'RetributiXn' is anyway?" They were making their way to the school, already having left the train.

The girl sighed and face-palmed before quickly regaining her composure. She turned to him and gave him a confused look. "He... he didn't give me any details. He just said he wanted me to find out who they were." As she finished they came upon the school, a few buses waiting out front.

"Oh, you have the last day of your Social Studies trip today, right?" She asked the boy whose emerald eyes dimmed to a dull green at the mention of said trip.

He dramatically slumped forward and groaned in protest. "Yesterday was so boring! I'd rather work at the café for the entire day."

Makoto raised an eyebrow. "But isn't business always slow? Wouldn't it basically be the same?" She wasn't trying to be disrespectful, but the few times she had gone to see him, there was no one else present except for his boss on occasion.

His posture straightened. "Well... yeah, but at least I get paid minimum wage to do it. That, and the coffee is really good." He grinned at her.

She giggled softly at his grin, feeling a sense of warmth from the way he looked at her. Her heart-rate picked up a little, a feeling she wasn't all too familiar wit-Wait...? "Mae-kun, where's your summer uniform?" She said as she noticed he was still wearing his dark gray turtleneck with the sleeves rolled to his elbows instead of the short sleeve button-up that he should have switched to a few days ago.

Night's eyes widened at the question for a moment before he broke out into a laugh, after a moment he answered her question. "Hahah, oh that? They uh... they didn't tell me about the summer uniform, so this is the only one I have." He said, bashfully rubbing the back of his head, his fingers tracing the fresh scar Kamoshida had left him under his hair.

"Oh? Well I hope you're not too warm in that." Makoto said, worrying for her friend. They came up to the entrance of the school, the rest of the second-years already waiting for the go-ahead to get on the bus for their respective choice of trip.

He waved her off, giving a fangy grin. "Nah, I'll be fine. I don't really mind the hot weather that much." He then spotted Akira, who waved him over with a smirk, his cat peeking out over his shoulder. "Oh, I should probably get going, see you later, Makoto-Senpai!" He exclaimed as he jogged over to his other friends.

Makoto felt the warmth she had felt before returning as he grinned at her again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ryuji raised an eyebrow as he heard something to his left. Looking over he realized it wasn't Akira, but Night, who had his head lulling back as he slept through the detective's interview. Leaning over to Akira, he whispered. "Dude... is he for real sleepin' right now?"

Akira's focus on the interview broke as he heard the faux-blonde's question. He looked over and, indeed, his green-eyed friend was knocked out in his chair. He heard the shuffle of steps, causing him to look back to the interview to find the female T.V. Host making her way towards them, specifically Night. He roughly, but subtly jabbed the boy in the ribs, causing him to gasp awake.

"Ow! Wait!? What?! Huh..." He looked to Akira, who motioned his head towards the interview, causing him to see the host walking straight up to him, "Oh... crap." She put the mic in his face and began speaking.