15.Alison

Oh Sherry // Steve Perry

Jeff drives the twenty minutes to my apartment with his arm around my shoulder and my head resting on his. He's fresh from his shower, wearing dress pants and a button up shirt that my dad requires after a game. He looks so good I can hardly keep my hands to myself. But I don't want to do anything to ruin the calm we've finally found so I keep my hands to myself. Being with him like this is peaceful. For the first time since I met him, I can snuggle into him practically worry free. I don't know what's going to happen with Reign and the investigation, but Jeff has his car back. He's been cleared of any culpability, the guys have been taken in, my dad is on our side and we can finally be out in the open.

Life is good.

He pulls to a stop in front of my place then kisses my temple. We slide out of the car and his hand wraps around mine automatically. The closer we get to my front door, however, the more my heart is racing. I'm feeling the opposite of peaceful and calm. My mind is spinning with all of the possibilities on the other side of my door.

We're about to be alone after all of that suggestive flirting.

I open my door. Jeff follows me in, closing it behind us. I've just dropped my things when he hauls me back to him, spinning me around into his waiting arms.

"Is this okay?"

I throw my arms around his neck and kiss him in answer. He kisses me back, teasing my tongue with his, filling me with the need for more. His arms are around my waist. I tremble as his fingers dip under my shirt, tickling my skin. I step back, bringing Jeff with me.

"Is this too fast?" he asks with his lips against my neck.

"It's been months and months."

"We've been apart so long."

I nod. We have. Too long. But he's with me now. He's moved heaven and Earth for us to be together, to keep me safe. I know now he'd do whatever it took, and he did.

"But we're together now."

This time he nods. Then he scoops me up in his arms and carries me across the room to my bed.

"I love you."

"I know."

Jeff pulls back, brow furrowed. I smile.

"It's what Han Solo tells Leia when she says she loves him. It's his way of saying it back." I shrug. "Wrong moment?"

"Does that make me Princess Leia and you the badass smuggler who joins the forces of good against evil?"

I pull him back to me. "No. That makes you the guy who gets me. The man of my dreams. The only one for me."

"And?"

"And what? What more is there?"

He nuzzles my neck. "Say it. Out loud."

I laugh. "Oh my gosh, you're mixing your fandoms. This isn't a Twilight moment and you're not a vampire."

He bites my neck. "I'm not?"

"I thought we were getting busy, but we can't stop making jokes." I wrap my legs around him. We're on our sides now, his hands in my hair, his lips on my neck, me pressed against him. All of him.

"Who says we can't laugh while we're making love?"

Jeff's lips find my earlobe and all of the silly leaves my body. I'm a puddle, at his mercy.

"No one," I whisper. "But..."

"But what, baby?" Now he's kissing my cheek, moving to my chin, then finally hovering over my lips.