Chapter 3

At the main gates of Garden Yash stopped and stood by horse waiting for Aadarsh.

Aadarsh shortly came and put his hand over Yash's shoulder. "My friend, I might have overstepped today, because of that the girl too stepped herself. Forgive us both."

"Aadarsh, My annoyance was reasonable. They were practically committing crimes by stealing from a forbidden yard. The matter could have never got this far if we could have stopped them right when we saw them."

"Yash--." Aadarsh was about to speak when Yash got down and unknotted Aadarsh's horse.

"We spent too much time here. I think you should go and pack your stuff. You have to leave for Vala afterwards."

"You wouldn't come to say goodbye my friend."

"I might not be able to come. I have my duties as keeper of the West Zone."

"I understand."

Aadarsh hugs him and says goodbye.

Yash sits on his brown horse and strode slowly towards the Mori villa which took him about two hours.

But the time he came he saw servants filling the villa and carrying mangoes in baskets and loading them in carts.

"What is happening?" He said as he handed the reins of the horse to the guard.

"Palace ordered mangoes."

He nodded and walked into the front yard where Neel was sitting on the sofa with a knife in his hand cutting apples. He stood beside him looking at servants picking mangoes from the trees surrounding the house.

"All these mangoes are ordered to be delivered to the palace today. Rai's orders. I guess they are having a party."

"Now what will you do Neel, no mangoes for the rest of the season."

"The season is about to end. I don't think I have any appetite for them. I rather-"

"So how was your undercover tour?" A sharp voice cut down Neel in between. It was the lady of the house.

Yash turned to look at Laxmi coming towards them. Sitting beside her he answered, "People are not happy about Amir."

"Amir. Yes!" She chuckled "We lost it because of a silly mistake by the crown prince. I wonder what got him to move in forests."

"You shouldn't be mocking the prince in the open." Yash looked around.

"And who is going to complain?" She looked around. Servants were doing their job. "Don't I have the right to say the truth? However, hurting it might be. It was a silly mistake."

"Indeed Ma," Neel said.

"But it hurts us when people mock us." Yash said.

"Doesn't it hurt us? Just because I didn't fight doesn't mean this taunt is not for me. It is for me as much as for anyone else. To see the enemy ruling on our holy land is an insult."

"We are planning and this time the King is going to move the army. It will be ours for sure." Yash said.

"I have hopes for my brother. He will surely succeed. He has to. Or I will kill him with my kitchen knife."

Neel couldn't help but chuckle he moved his knife crowd to his mother. She gave him a dead look and turned to look at Yash.

"Yash," She asked, "What else are you doing today?"

"I don't have anything more to see today."

"Neel does nothing but sleeps like a pig." She took a piece of cloth which she was working on; from her attendant who was right behind her and she gave it to Neel.
"Let's go to the temple today."

"As you command, Aunt" Yash stood up and followed Laxmi.

As they walked on the stone pathway Yash turned to look at Neel.

Neel comfortably sat on the velvet sofa and was doing embroidery on his mother's handkerchief.

.

.

.

.

How have you been?

I hope you are doing great. Thanks for reading this story. It means a lot to me.

I know I can edit it more and make it fine. I am trying my best and once it's completed I will do revisions.

I accept criticisms feel free to point out errors and tell me how to feel about this story.

I will publish the next chapter on 20/6/2022.

And will also update next week schedule in Author's Note this Sunday.

vote.comment.share.