Chapter 8

"So there is no way I can overhear to you singing."

"You are family but paternal."

"Bahadur couldn't allow you in because it's a private event."

"You haven't talked about this event before."

"We just sing as I told you before. Sister Nisha and Rupali just came back after 8 months. They were with their grandmother, visiting Viraj Uncle's son in Sri Nagar. Nisha, Rupali and I organize singing events for family members every month. May is about to end. I wasn't thinking of doing an event this month but Nisha insisted on doing so."

"Royal events for Royal people. I will do my work then."

"If you so much want to see the palace why don't you get a job there?"

"Only if I wished and the next morning I had it."

"I can turn this into reality. Why don't you come with me today? We can talk about you today only."

"Uncle was going to talk."

"You don't need father's help. Why wait for father, I have talked about you already. You just need to prove to them that you are capable."

He called his mother and told her his plan and she agreed. Neel's father was going to come back after 8 days. By that time Neel ensured Yash a apprenticeship.

Neel gave a detailed tour of the outer palace to Yash. When they reached the administration department they went in to ask for Mann but he wasn't there.

"Know where I will find this guy in this whole damn palace."

"Can we go to the gardens where he is?" Yash suggested.

"By the time we reach there, he will be somewhere else. It's better to wait here."

"Listen, you stay here and wait." He told Yash.

"Alone. I don't know that man."

"I have talked about you to him in detail. Just meet him."

"Ok and after that."

"Look for me."

"Perfect." Yash approved.

"I will take leave to practice my vocals."

"Sure."

He sat inside the department and couldn't be at ease as now and then someone could come to do small talk with him. Ask the same question and go away.

He took a look outside and stood by the door. There his right eye caught the sight of the river which flowed near the palace. He asked the guards and came to the terrace of the building, which was opposite the administration building.

The sight was stunning. And added to this scene was a voice of chatter from birds and a sweet voice like honey. He recognized it as he had heard these voices at times in the temple.

He went to the right side of the Terrance where he saw a girl sitting on a marble stage singing and playing the sitar with a few servants around. And a group of well-dressed ladies sitting in front of her each with a sitar in their hand.

It was her. The girl who mocked him that day. He was dumbfounded. Indeed she was from a noble family. He even saw her friend who was with her in the garden sitting in the front row.

He couldn't lie to himself. The scene was worth watching. On one side he could hear the sound of water as it drifted and a cool breeze surrounded him. On the other side, she sat there with her striking features singing in a delightful voice. 

.

.

.

.

vote.comment.share