Chapter 16

In the evening, Yash was standing there with Rupali a few steps back. People around them got up from the mat as they finished their last meal of the day. They both were on serving duty.

"Want to rest?" Rupali said as she rested her arm on her hips.

"Sure."

Rupali, without looking at him, walked to a tree nearby and sat down and Yash followed her. Yash sat on a rock while Rupali sat down on the soil.

"Can I have that?" Rupali noticed the wooden flute with red painted strips on his belt. "You know how to use it?"

"A little bit-" Yash said. And gave the flite to Rupali

"Shiv gave it to me." Yash said.

"He gave it to me too. Mine had a defect. You know how to play?" She smirked.

"I am not gonna give you mine."

"If you can't play then give it to someone who can. One who can make use of it."

He smiled "You doubt me, don't you."

He took his flute back and played it. He was good at it. Rupali sat straight and she looked at him in shock. This was her music. She remembered playing at the temple.

"Where did you hear this?"

"In temple thrice."

"you liked it?"

"Yeah, it was good. YOu liked it?"

"yes, I do."

"Easy to play and smoothing."

"Yes."

She smiled "It is good. I like how nice you can play."

"My Uncle taught me and Neel tighter."

"What else can you play?"

"I was that into music."

"You liked swords more lord."

"Kind of!"

"You were in the army?"

"Yes, special force."

"wow! You must be a great warrior"

He smiled and didn't say.

He got in an accident and lost his right eye. She knew that but why was he here?  He could be in a non-combat role in the army.

"What's your plan now?" Yash asked to redirect the conversation and Rupali refunded the question.

"Of going back?"

"hmm."

"I will manage."

"How do you do all this?"

"You think I should be a spy."

"Na you couldn't be a good fit."

"If I can seek out the place I can do anything."

"You talk like you are on guard all the time. Are there orders that you can't leave the palace?"

Rupali realized her slip instantly. She looked away and saw KAplana coming her way.

"No, but still I got out. It's no different than.... um you know...a mission" She looked at him and his clear eyes narrowed on her. He was gorgeous.

"What are-"

"Let it be." Rupali cut him off. "I will take leave now."

Yash looked where Rupli was looking and so Kalapna walking towards them. He nodded and thought it best to not press the question.

As Rupali walked away he couldn't help but think of her more. Her odd behaviour was little suspicious. A little bit of investigation couldn't hirt he though.

.

.

.

next update on: 22/08

vote.comment.share