Chapter 11

They left the Queen's chamber and walked to the Sundar chamber. There they made their way to Rupali's room though Aastha wanted to in her room but Laxmi glared at her and they walked in Rupali's room.

"Aunt, why didn't you say anything to the Queen?" Rupali sat on bed and threw away her bangles on the other end of the bed. How will she say no to the Queen for the marriage proposal?

Aastha knew Rupali would make a big fuss about it. She sat down on the chair opposite to bed.

"I will talk to you alone, Rupali." Laxmi stood by the bed frame.

"What did she do this time?" Aastha came next to Laxmi.

"I did nothing ma." Rupali said.

"Tell me. Or I shall have your father ask you.-"

"I did nothing."

"Aastha she is not a child." Laxmi swiftly moved to stand in front of her. "I need to talk to her to make sure she is ready for the next time."

"I can be here." Aastha said.

"Aastha, you need to make pickles for your mother. She will not be happy to see you roaming here doing nothing."

"But i-"

"Go." Laxmi moved her hand in the air as giving her command.

"No one listens to me in this whole goddamn palace." Aastha made zero effort to hide her anger. She left the room and the servant closed doors after her and left the room as per Laxmi's order.

"You shouldn't have told Mother that we need to talk alone. She will ask me later. And will keep asking."

"You spoiled brat." Laxmi picked Rupali's ears and made her stand up from the bed. "How dare you think of stealing mangoes from my garden?"

"Aunty." Rupali tried to get rid of the grip but couldn't.

'What?" Laxmi let her go.

"Who told you?" Rupali holds her right ear with both her hands. She removed her earrings and sat on the bed quietly.

"The merchant who caught you red handed."

"He reported me."

"He is my nephew Yash."

"Yash!?"

"Did he report me?"

"Why couldn't he do it if he knew you were a princess. Roaming around like a spoiled brat alone on the street. Owning it like it belonged to your father."

"Aunty I was just." Rupali stood up in defense.

"What?"

"I wasn't alone. I was with Kalpana and Dev."

"Dev. So it's fine if we report you three."

"No no!"

"You and that Kalpana!" Laxmi walked back and forth in the room. "She is the one who spoils you. Don't show your face to everyone, you silly child."

"I can't erase this face."

"Then keep it hidden."

"Yes aunty."

"And Now! Don't you dare ask for my jewels for the festivals. I am taking mine right now."

"Aunty." She made an innocent face with pleading eyes.

"Don't you think of it! The tricks that your mother taught you, couldn't work on me."

She walked till doors and turned one last time "And no Dev in festival."

"Aunty. He is the mother's friend's son. How can I say no to him?"

"That useless, irresponsible fellow has failed in doing his job."

"Aunty."

"What?" she looked as if she was her mother. Oh no no. She was the master and she had all the strings in her hands.

"As you wish." Rupali said.

.

.

.

.

Next update on: 18 July 2022

vote.comment.share.