(𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐰𝐨) horror movies

THERE WAS AN ARGUMENT GOING ON when Faye pushed open the door into family video. As usual there was a movie playing in the background of the shop. Today it was 'The Blue Lagoon' but it didn't look as though either of the two workers behind the til were paying any attention to it.

Faye smiled lightly, they hadn't noticed her. She held a stack of three videos in her arms which she placed down on the counter, hitting the bell with her hand.

Robin jumped, swirling around immediately in surprise. She and Steve both broke out into a smile when they saw her. Faye didn't even know Robin well, she'd met her once and they'd only exchanged a small greeting so Faye presumed that any reason Robin had to create a good impression of Faye must've come from Steve. She appreciated that.

"You came" Steve laughed as he walked forwards, "sorry we were um—"

"Talking about what the best Star Wars film is" Robin interrupted, "you've watched them all now right? Maybe you can solve our argument"

Faye felt she didn't have many high opinions on any of them considering her mind had been very much elsewhere throughout the majority of the movies. Considering she'd been rested against Eddie as he talked humorously about the different characters and action scenes, she'd found it hard to pay attention.

"I was just bringing them back" Faye pushed the stack of movies forwards, "I think my favourite would be the... um... what was the one where he told Luke he was his father?"

"Empire strikes back" Steve shot a finger gun in her direction.

"That one" Faye smiled and Steve pumped his fist very enthusiastically into the air.

"No!" Robin yelled through laughter, "No it's a new hope, classic, original, perfect"

"You're wrong Robin, you're wrong" Steve grinned as he typed something into the large white computer in front of him, staring at the code on each movie in turn.

"I did come to give the movies back" Faye said lightly as she rested her elbows on the counter, "but I also thought it was fair to let you have your moment"

Steve looked up in confusion as he finished scanning in the third and final Star Wars movie. Robin stared at him in equal contemplation with her eyebrows raised.

"You were right Steve" Faye smiled, "and you can say—"

"I told you so!" Steve yelled, still as loud and energised as ever. His face spread into a grin as he did so and Faye laughed, her head falling forwards gently.

"Yeah you did" she murmured.

"You told him then" Robin said and then seemed to think better of it, her eyes widening slightly. "Shit sorry um... Steve didn't tell me I actually have no idea what you're talking about so if that statement in any way related to what you're talking about it is a complete coincidence"

"Robin" Steve muttered under his breath.

"It's fine" Faye laughed, "I don't mind that he told you"

"In fairness I could kind of see it from a mile off" Robin kept rambling enthusiastically, "I mean when you came in here I kept thinking 'why is Steve flirting with this girl when she is very clearly madly into the guy she's with' and then Steve was like—"

"Robin" Steve interrupted curtly, "seriously"

"Sorry" Robin smiled, "my mom always says I need to learn when to stop talking"

"It's alright" Faye laughed, "it's funny... um but no I didn't tell him, to answer your earlier question"

"Wait" Steve moved the Star Wars movie to the other side of the counter into a box that said 'put back' in large marked letters. "He told you"