Chapter 4

The next day peaked in as Mordecai, who woke up at nearly 5:00 am in the morning, got up slowly and tiptoed his way out of the room to keep from disturbing Rigby, who was still wrapped in his sheets like a bundled up burrito and continued to snooze silently in his bed.

Mordecai knew for sure that Rigby for sure wouldn't be able to get up at this crack of dawn, so he used the extra early time as an opportunity to get a head start on setting up the party for him.

Along with making his best friend a special breakfast for his birthday with all the good fixings in it.

Homemade double chocolate chip pancakes with hot fudge, chocolate shavings and whip cream on top.

When he got to the kitchen, he begin to making the chocolate pancake batter that was filled high with chocolate baking chips and poured the mixture onto a pan that was sprayed with cooking oil.

While the pancakes started to sizzle and form into familiar circular shapes, Mordecai then prepped the coffee with water and grounds before pressing the start button on the machine.

As the smelling aromas of brewing coffee waft strongly in the air, Mordecai starts to focus back on remaining time of the pancake batter before flipping them over to cook from the other side for a total of four perfectly small rounds in its making.

Once the pancakes were done, he went all out for the toppings, like promised and gathered them up together on a plate.

After the coffee was done and poured into a cup, he then took both the coffee and the pancakes up to the bedroom like a classic hotel delivery service in a luxury suite.

"Psst, Rigby." Mordecai whispered loudly as he attempted to gently elbow him on the arm since his hands were so full and waited for him to wake up.

"Hm?" Rigby mumbled while slowly rubbing his eyes with his hands until he saw what Mordecai had made for him and widen his eyes in surprise.

"Here. Happy birthday dude." Mordecai said with a smile while passing down the food and drink to his stunned friend, whose face blushed in warmth red from the thoughtfulness of the whole thing.

He could never ask for a better friend.

But figured that he already anyways, since he was willing to go all out for him, on a very special day like this.

"You made me, my favorite pancakes? Thanks man." Rigby said as his face curved into a glowing, sweetened smile.

"No problem. I just wanted to give my friend, the best birthday that he'll ever have this year." Mordecai said modestly as if the extra consideration for his friend was very normal.

"Hm Hm. We'll see about that once I get to my own party and dance the night away with my freakishly new dance moves that are so fresh, you wouldn't even see them coming! It'll be so cool that the 80's would have challenge me to an all match dance battle!" Rigby exaggerated with an attempted 80's like voice in his tone.

"Pfft. You wish. But we'll have to bet on that one after you're done with school first. The party will still be waiting for you though, when you get back to the house." Mordecai reminded him with his eyes rolling at the thought of Rigby bringing out his big ideas.

"Yes mother, I know. Now get out so I can enjoy these delicious pancakes, in peace." Rigby said sarcastically with his tongue sticking out in cute funky off-tone voice that almost resembles a hungry gremlin.

"Haha. Sure. I'm gonna head out anyways to get some supplies for the decorations. I'll see you later Rigby." Mordecai said with a small chuckle and waved goodbye before closing the door to leave Rigby be.

————————————————————————

While Rigby finished his breakfast and head off for school, Mordecai quickly went to a nearby Walmart store and bought everything that was needed for the party.

Including, streamers, party hats, chips, beers, an extra chocolate fudge cake and more.

All of which, ended up being so full in the cart, that he couldn't reach for anything else.

He then checked out the items and brought them back to the Park House to start decorating the living room for the party.

But first, he was going to need some help in setting up some of the decorations.

So, he walked over to Muscles Man's trailer, which was not but a quarter of a mile away, and knocked on his door.

"What is it that you want, grandma? Can't you see that I'm busy here?" Muscle Man said out loud from the inside, rudely with a notion of name calling in his tone.

Kinda of like Losers, Wimps, and Ladies.

In other words, it was always a short version of calling him and Rigby a wuss.

But Mordecai was pretty much used to his bullying by now and wore an irritated look on his face.

He didn't have much time to pick a fight with him right now so, he tried to be as straightforward as possible.

"I need your help to set up the party for Rigby's birthday. Can you at least do that for me? Or are you too busy making mom jokes?" Mordecai asked bluntly as Muscle Man immediately opened the door with his eyes a bit squinted, in a mean glare.

"Sure I can help you out. But what is it in for me, if I do?" Muscle Man asked, as if he always has to have something in return for his assistance.

"Ugh, fine. Whatever you want, I don't care. You can even have most of the snacks at the party if that counts. All I just needed you to do is to have the banner hung up and balloons filled with oxygen, that's it." Mordecai explained with an frustrated tone.

"Heh. You know who else likes to have snacks and get ready for the party?" Muscle Man asked, rhetorically while waiting in anticipation for the cheesy punchline.

"Please, don't...." Mordecai pleaded while covering up his forehead with his hand in annoyance before Muscle Man blurted out the answer, anyways.

"My mom!" Muscle Man shouted out as if he had been holding in it, all day.

"Ugh!" Mordecai groaned loudly.

"He he. You should see the look your face. It was totally worth it. But seriously, I'll call in Fives and have him bring in oxygen tank kit for us, so that we won't have to waste our lungs on those useless balloons. Trust me, it'll totally be easy to do." Muscle Man suggested, confidently.

"Alright, thanks. I'll be at the house if you need me, then." Mordecai quickly dismissed before walking back over to the house, hoping to avoid anymore annoying trip ups before he can relax himself for tonight.

Shortly after he went inside the house, he had asked Pops and Skips, who both had kinder answers this time, to help set up the table with snacks and candle-filled cake that was all ready to go.

While he went back into the bedroom and finished wrapping up some of the birthday presents that he had left in the attic to hand out to Rigby, later.

Although getting the party ready, was never easy to handle.

It'll be all worth it.

Once he sees his friend's happy face, coming home.

With a warm smile so big, that everything around him will be nothing but awe in it's place.