Chapter 5

Later on that day, the time was now thirty minutes before 3, when Rigby came back to the Park from a town bus that he had taken from a center, near the high school area.

As he walked over to the house, he opened the door when all of a sudden, the lights were flickered on in an instant!

"Surprise!" Everyone including Mordecai, shouted out while multiple colorful streamers popped out of its sockets and the birthday banner quickly hung down like a rope curtain with various balloons floating around in every corner.

It was certainly the surprise that Rigby has been waiting for. 

But truly wouldn't be a real good party without his friend there with him.

"Aww. Thanks guys. You really didn't have to go out of your way, just to throw this." Rigby said, rhetorically.

Despite the fact that he already knew what they were planning for, but decided to play along for the fun of it.

He then begin to glow in a smile and quickly looked over directly at Mordecai, who decided to walk over closer to him.

For some odd reason, he can feel his heartbeat race fast just by him inching so close at such a small distance between them two.

With his cheeks once again turned pink like a Japanese cherry blossom and filled with warmth.

"Believe me dude if I didn't make time to put this all together, I would be too busy playing video games. But to me, this would be way too important to miss out on than anything else in the world." Mordecai said with a soft smile on his face as the two locked eyes for a moment.

Until of course, Muscle Man rudely interrupts their sweet silence out of boredom. 

"Hey ladies, quit stalling around and grab some drinks already. It's a party dude! Woooh!" Muscle Man yelled out while pulling off his shirt and whirls it around like a cowboy rope in the air while the others simply ignored him and moved on toward getting back to their own things.

"Yes, happy birthday Rigby. You and Mordecai enjoy the rest of your weekends off. With that being said, if any of you need me, I'll be in my office." Benson said with his eyes rolling at Muscle Man's nonsense.

"Oh come on Benson. The party just got started. Why don't you stay for the bit? Have a drink with us." Skips offered with a pat on the back and laughed at his annoyance.

"No thanks, I'd rather not. I am a very busy man and I have a lot more work to do for this week. So, I might as well get caught up with my stuff. Besides, I think it would too much of a headache already, to handle one party animal for the night." Benson grumbled, referring to Muscle Man, who was over at the snack table, chugging down on his beer cans with High-Five Ghost cheering him on.

Meanwhile, Rigby started opening up some presents with Mordecai and gasped at the sight of some familiar gifts that he got from him.

"Ah, yeeah! A trucker hat and a 'raise the steaks' T-shirt! How did you know that I would like this stuff?" Rigby asked, excitedly.

"Pfft. Easy, you wouldn't stop taking about them for weeks. So I managed to pull a few strings and got the stuff for you without having to go through all those stupid challenges." Mordecai explained with a chuckle, seeing how Rigby could get so thrilled over any of these silly items that won't but maybe two weeks before stuffed in their shared closet.

But it as long as he was happy, that's all he needed to hear.

"Well for whatever reasons possible, this is really great and means a lot. So thanks." Rigby said with a grin.