Chapter 10: Mabel

Mabel knew everything. She wanted to say she'd figured it out on her own, but really, it was Dolores who had let her know. They day before they were going to give Dolores her wedding gift, Mabel had been hanging around the Madrigal house when Dolores had pulled Mabel aside and told her everything.

Camilo was in love with her sister, and Dolores suspected Josephine felt the same way. But, for Mabel, Josephine had given him up and said she couldn't have him. Mabel was aware of the sisterly rule, but she knew if she loved someone that badly, she wouldn't push them away just to protect someone else's heart.

Camilo had tried his best to kindly tell Mabel that he didn't view her as anything more than a friend, but, the rejection still stung. She had been so blind.

"Jos did that?" Mabel had asked. She was in shock upon hearing exactly what had gone down between the boy she'd been chasing her whole life and her sister. Dolores nodded her head,

"She loves you, Mabel."

Josephine was the best sister Mabel had asked for. If she had, in fact, gotten with Camilo, Mabel would have been hurt, yes, but she would also be happy for her sister. But Josephine had chosen Mabel's happiness over her own.

It was time she did the same for her.

bet you weren't expecting mabel's pov! but yayyy now camilo and josie can be a thing!

please comment i would love to hear what you guys think!

stay safe and ilysm! <3