Chapter 17: Mabel

It had been almost a five years since my sister started dating Camilo Madrigal. At first their relationship was sweet and simple, but now, standing here, as Josephine's maid of honor, watching them get married, I'm so grateful I gave up the boy I had always had a thing for.

From across the altar, I locked eyes with Vincent Catastronni, and he winked at me. We'd started dating three years ago, and to our surprise, we were still going strong. I hope we can have a future like Josephine and Camilo.

Josephine stood there, in a sleeveless white dress that showed off her figure, and her hands were being held by the love of her life, who looked equally beautiful in his dark suit and yellow tie (he had insisted it be yellow; Josephine had barely allowed it). They looked incandescently in love, staring into each other's eyes. I felt tears form in my own.

"You may now kiss the bride." The priest said. I watched as Josephine drew forward and met Camilo's lips in a wonderful, passionate kiss that sealed their marriage. They drew away and turned to face the guests that now cheered loudly, including me.

"That's my sister!" I heard Carlos yell. He and Isabela had been married for some time now, and they were both bridesmaid and groomsman to Josephine and Camilo's wedding. I smiled, and wiped a tear that now ran down my cheek, careful not to smudge my makeup that Dolores had so beautifully done.

My sister turned for a fraction of a second, and we locked eyes. She blushed with happiness and blew me a kiss before turning back to her husband, who looked equally as happy.

Next to me, Mirabel squeezed my shoulder,

"She's going to do amazing things." She whispered. I smiled and said over my shoulder,

"I have no doubt about that."

~*~

After the wedding, we had relocated to the train station, where the newly-wed couple would take their honeymoon to North America. It had always been Josephine's dream, and now there she was, on the train, holding hands with Camilo Madrigal.

"We'll miss you all!" She called, and everyone waved as their train began chugging forward. She locked eyes with me once again and mouthed,

'I love you'.

I whispered it back, and we held our gazes until the train had completely disappeared through the side of the mountain.

And off they were to start brand new adventures, just Camilo and Josephine.

From the beginning to the end, I had been there every step of their journey. From their first kiss to the one they shared today, it was clear that Camilo Madrigal and Josephine Irene belonged together. Though sometimes I wonder if things were different, I would never put something before my sister's happiness.

She was my favorite person in the world, and I loved her more than anything.

Good luck out there, Jos, and know that I'm with you every step of the way.

yessss and thats the end of it!! mabel is such a good sister omg i love her. and josephine finally got her dream— and with her dream boy, too!! 

please comment on what you thought of the story, i would love to hear it!

i hope yall are staying safe. again, i love you! <3