Chapter 14: Josephine

One of Josephine's favorite things about birthday parties was the food. She had requested a buffet filled with all different kinds of food, so she could please everyone (and because Josephine found buffets exciting).

"O-M-G. I think I'm in love." Mabel said to her sister, as she moved along the line, filling her plate with quesito cheese. The food tables were outside, since their house was too small to fit that plus everything else. Their were colorful lanterns strung up in the yard, and they lit up her sisters giddy expression. Josephine laughed,

"Oh really?" And Mabel nodded,

"Vince? Yeah, he's totally into me." She said matter-of-factly. Josephine followed Mabel's gaze over to a tall boy with floppy black hair and olive skin. He was good looking, Josephine had to admit, and she was glad her sister was finally over Camilo.

"So, what about you? Have you talked to him yet?" Mabel asked. She didn't have to specify who they were talking about. Josephine already knew it was about Camilo.

"No." Josephine sighed, "Well, I mean yes, but not about... that." She wanted to tell him everything, but not right now. She wanted to do it when they were alone, in case he wanted to kiss her again.

"You should." Mabel said, her mouth already full. Josephine nodded, and followed her sister to a round table, where Vince and a few other boys sat— including Camilo and her brothers.

"Hello, gentlemen." Mabel smiled, giggling a little while she curtsied. Josephine smiled, too, and blushed when she met Camilo's eye.

"Ugh, who invited you." Carlos groaned, moving to stand up. Josephine rolled her eyes,

"It's my birthday, tonto, we can sit wherever we want to." She said, and Carlos narrowed his eyes at her. Josephine didn't really want to sit at the boys table, anyways, for she turned to find a table full of her friends smiling at her.

"You guys have fun, I'm gonna eat over there." Josephine said, pointing her fork at the girl's table. Mabel shrugged, winked at Vince, and followed her sister over to where her friend's sat.

"Hola, amigas." Josephine's friend Nessa grinned at them. Her dark brown hair was pinned back and she was wearing a light blue skirt that went to her knees. She looked gorgeous, as always.

"I see you tried to sit at the boys table?" Mirabel laughed, stuffing a buttered slice of bread into her mouth. Mabel nodded vigorously, and Josephine gave Mirabel a look as if to say 'watch-out-this-girl's-crazy'.

"Yeah, but we'd rather sit with you." Josephine reassured her friends. Her friends smiled and they instantly lapsed into conversation. Josephine sat back and enjoyed her birthday meal, trying her best not to look over her shoulder at the boy she knew was looking at her. 

dang it they didn't sit with the boys... but maybe thats a good thing, that would've been pretty awkward!

please comment i love feedback from yall!

stay safe and i love you sm! <3