chapter 3

"OH MY GOODNESS EMERY!" Sarah practically screams as I walk out of the dressing room in a light blue dress. "I think this is the one!" I say smiling back at her in the mirror "We are gonna look so good!" She says, Sarah picked out a long white dress that looked beautiful on her. We buy the dresses and go out to get lunch together afterwards.

"So are you going to the party tonight at Toppers?" Sarah asks me on the drive back to her house "I guess so" I say sounding clearly uninterested "I'm sure Rafe will want you there" she says with a smirk. I blush and look out the window "Sarah he probably doesn't even like me." I say, she rolls her eyes in response knowing that she's right. When is she not right? As we enter the house we get hit with the same question once again "You guys going to Topper's tonight?" Rafe asks us as we both nod yes, Sarah leaves to go to the bathroom. "Can I see your dress?" Rafe asks with a smile placed on his lips "Nope, it's a surprise" I tease him. He leans over the counter in front of me "What colour is it?" He asks trying to get an idea of the dress "You'll have to wait and seeeee" I sing picking up the garment bag the dress is in and taking it up to Sarah's room.

*at the party*

I head over to the drinks with Sarah, I'm not the biggest fan of kook party's in all honesty. It's just a bunch of rich snobby in-titled kids getting drunk together and snorting coke, but I somehow always find myself attending them. I've had more than enough to drink at this point and I end up talking with another friend and I have absolutely no clue where Sarah went, I assume she's outside so I go outside to find her. I look on the roof and I see her on top of the roof in Topper's arms, before I know it he jumps off the roof and splashes into the pool while Sarah squeals. "The coolest chick in obx!" Topper shouts as everyone is cheering for them.

While dancing with some friends I continue downing alcohol, when eventually my mind is all fuzzy and I can't even think straight. Some boy that I recognize from school but I've never really talked to approaches me "Hey can I get you another drink" He smiles at me, I look up at him "Sure!" I say as I giggle visibly drunk. He takes my hand and leads me through the crowd, I don't watch what he pours in the drink but I take it anyways "What's in this?" I question him as I almost stumble over "Just try it" he says with a smirk.

All of a sudden I feel someone's presence behind me, "I think she's already had enough to drink tonight" Rafe says. I spin around to face him "No I'm ok" I sass him and try to grab for the drink "No, you're drunk." He says taking the cup from the boy. "We're going now." He mumbles grabbing my wrist tightly, I yank it away but he just grabs it tighter pulling me behind him as he exits the house. It's around 1 in the morning anyways so it's not like I would be missing out on much.

"Ouch Rafe!" I yelp in pain stumbling behind him. He opens the car door and lifts me up into the seat, buckling me in. "I don't wanna leave" I whine making a scene "Emery what the fuck? How much have you had to drink tonight?" He yells at me starting the car and leaving his best friends house, I shrug. "God knows what that guy put in that drink and you were just gonna take it." I sit there in silence while he continues to shout at me the rest of the way home. When we get there he opens my door and helps me get out of the car and as we enter the house he keeps a hand on my back since my walking is very unsteady. Once we get to Rafe's room he shuts the door behind him and immediately finds an oversized T shirt for me to wear. Without thinking I start undressing in front of him "Em!" He says as he puts a hand over his forehead. "What? Oh! Oh my god!" I say embarrassed and quickly try and cover myself up "It's ok it's ok!" he laughs as he turns his back while I change.

After I change Rafe continues his lecture and I start to feel a knot in my stomach, I run to his bathroom and I start puking my guts out. He comes in and holds my hair out of my face for me while rubbing my back. "You okay?" He says quietly in a sweet tone, this is the nicest he's been to me all night. I nod my head before cleaning myself up and getting a drink of water "You need to get to sleep now, It's late." He says, I nod making my way for the door "Where do you think your going?" He questions me and I turn back around to look at him "To the spare bedroom?" I say as if it isn't obvious. "No, your staying in here. My dad would kill me if he found out I brought you home drunk Em." He says locking his door. Thank god the lights aren't on because I must be beat red right now.

I climb into Rafe's bed and he climbs in right beside me. "Goodnight Em." He whispers "Goodnight Rafe, thank you." I whisper back scooting closer to him "You're welcome. You know I'll always take care of you." Butterflies swarm my stomach as I put my head in his chest and I feel his big muscular arms wrap around my body instantly warming me up.

How's the book so far? Let me know if you have any requests/suggestions! Don't forget to vote x