chapter 4

"Ouch! I think I just got bit by a horsefly!" Ki complained, "Want me to kiss it better?" JJ says slyly as Kiara shoves him "Ew gross, no." She giggles. There's supposed to be a hurricane tonight, but since I'm already at John b's I'm thinking that I won't make it home- and it'll probably be safer to just stay put. We sit inside in the living room area hanging around for a bit when John b and Pope decide to go surfing, like the idiots they are. "Could you guys not kill yourselves please?" I say to the boys before they leave, they blow us all kisses jokingly before heading out.

While they're gone it's starts to down pour and it's getting windy as hell. Just as me, Ki and JJ are talking I get a call from Rafe. "Where the hell are you?" I hear him say into the phone the second I pick it up "I'm at John b's why?" I say rolling my eyes, a simple 'hello' would have been nice. "I'm coming to get you." He says bluntly "But Rafe the weather is nasty and I'm already safe here!" I try to negotiate with the boy but he doesn't budge. "No Emery I'm coming to get you." I want to throw my phone across the room the second he hangs up. "What an asshole" Kiara mutters under her breath.

I hear honking from outside the small château, indicating that Rafe's here and waiting for me. I say my good byes and lift my hood up as I run out to his car and jump in quickly. "Did you really think it was a smart idea to drive all the way out here in the middle of a hurricane Rafe Cameron?" I ask him as he's crazy. "Did you really think that staying out here in this broken down little house was a smart idea during the middle of a hurricane Emery?" He yells back giving me attitude. I sink in my seat and cross my arms, I'm so done right now. "Look Emery, I'm trying to look out for you and make sure you're safe. The least you could do is be grateful that you have someone like me who will make better decisions for you." He says not taking his eyes off of the road. "Are you kidding me Rafe? You're not my fucking father! I think I'm mature enough to make good decisions on my own." I snap back at him, he shoots me a glare "If you were capable of making good decisions, you wouldn't be hanging out with those stupid pogues."

The rest of the ride is silent, the only noise is the sound of the rain hitting the windshield. Once we pull into the driveway I jump out immediately slamming the door, but I'm not fast enough for Rafe. He gets out before me and opens the front door for me, I walk past him without acknowledge him and stomp up the stairs to the spare bedroom slamming the door in Rafe's face. He doesn't try and comfort me though, he lets me have my tantrum in peace. It's around 1 o'clock in the morning now and that's when it starts thundering and lightning. Ever since I was a kid I had been scared of lightning, mainly because Rafe used to scare me and Sarah about it and tease us. I was still scared about it t'il this day. I try hiding underneath the covers and curling up in a ball but it's no use. I lay awake flinching every time lighting strikes and the thunder booms.

Trying not to make noise I leave the room quietly shutting the door behind me and tip-toeing down the hall. I debate on just going back to the room but I eventually knock quietly on the door. I'm about to knock a second time when Rafe's door creaks open slowly, his head poking through looking at me. "I'm sorry" I whisper. He instantly smiles before saying "No, I'm sorry." He opens the door more, letting me come in and we lay down in his bed. He wraps his arms around me, pulling me into his chest. "Sorry if I was being an asshole earlier, I just wanted you to be safe." I whispers in my ear. "It's okay, but you should have more faith in the pogues. I know they do a lot of bad stuff sometimes but they're just teenagers like us and they would never let me get hurt." He hums in response, resting his chin on my head. I jump as the thunder booms loudly outside, he squeezes me tighter and hushes me, "It's fine" I fall asleep in his arms.

The next morning I wake up in his bed alone, just like last time I slept in it. When I woke up that morning I just grabbed my stuff and left without him knowing because I was too awkward afterwards, and just as I'm about to get up and grab my phone the bathroom door from his room opens. Rafe walks out in nothing but a loose towel draped around his waist so low that I can see his V line, his hair is still damp from the shower he took and it's naturally parted down the middle. I practically have to pick my jaw up off the floor.

I can't even lie anymore, I am attracted to Rafe Cameron. I've always thought he was pretty cute I guess but recently my feelings have been developing into something more, I think I really like Rafe Cameron- and not just for his good looks. He finally notices that I'm awake "Good morning princess" he smirks and I giggle while rubbing my eyes. "Breakfast will be downstairs, we're all gonna go to the beach to help clean up from Agatha." He tells me while he reaches for his clothes from his drawers "Okay sounds good! Here I'll give you some privacy." I say while getting up and exiting the room, I can't help but notice the grin on his face before I close the door. He was driving me crazy, but there was no way we could actually work out right? He probably just thinks of me as a little sister.

"Good Morning Emery!" Ward chimes as I walk into the room sitting down at the kitchen island beside Sarah, "Rafe told me that he brought you back here last night to keep you safe." He speaks, I do everything I can to try and keep my cheeks from heating up. "It's good thing he did, it's pretty messy out there!" He serves us both pancakes and eggs as Rafe enters the room and he starts looking through the fridge "So Rafe, do you have someone to take to midsummer's yet?" Sarah asks, she knows what she's doing. He gives her the death stare as Rose joins in on the conversation "Oh yeah! Rafe you know what we were thinking?" She says "We think you should take Emery as your date!" Ward finishes for Rose. I can see him slightly blush for a moment before taking his hand and running it through this hair, "Oh I- I um- I already asked her." He says? He seriously didn't tell them yet? Oh now I get why Sarah brought it up."That's great! Aww you two are going to look amazing together I can't wait!" Rose squeals in excitement.