Prologue

Mesopotamia -5000 BC

Ikaris fired laser beams out of his eyes at the Deviant that was approaching a small boy on the beach, causing the creature to splash into the water before it was up again. Ikaris fired twice more before flying into the Deviant to take the fight away from the beach.

Another Deviant crept up behind the boy and Makkari used her superspeed to carry him to safety. Then ran off to save others on the beaches. Kingo harnessed cosmic energy and fired at the Deviant, sending the energy through the tips of his four outstretched fingers (two on each hand).

Then Makkari came running in and used a sonic boom to knock the Deviant aside before Kingo harnessed a bigger field of cosmic energy between both hands then sent that energy towards the Deviant, causing it to fall off the cliffside.

"Good fight" he signs to Makkari.

To which she signs back with a "You too."

There's another Deviant that's headed right for Gilgamesh, who harnesses cosmic energy in his right hand, and Thena is running up behind the Deviant.

Gilgamesh punches the Deviant right in the snout and Thena summoned blades to slash at the beast. The two of them work in tandem to defeat the creature, which is brought to its end by Thena shoving her spear into its neck. She dismounts from the Deviant just as it falls to the ground and Gilgamesh offers her his hand, which she takes.

Ikaris was still fighting the Deviant over the ocean, both flying through the air until Ikaris punched the beast into the ocean, delivering a blow hard enough to kill it.

With the three Deviants now dead, the Domo flies closer to the cliffside. The remaining Eternals came down from the ship on mechanical platforms, stepping off them once they were close to the ground. The discs moved over to Phastos, creating a sphere with them between his hands before deactivating the bands.

The people on the clifftop were frightened by the newcomers, the men holding spears as the cautiously moved forward.

Druig used his mind control ability to get them to drop their weapons and to not be afraid.

Diana manipulated the ocean to drag the two bodies of Deviants that had landed in the ocean, further into the ocean before manipulating the Earth to send the other Deviant corpse into the ocean then once again manipulates the ocean to drag the Deviant further into the ocean with the others, eyes glowing white as she did so.

Ajak heals a wound on Ikaris' shoulder which he thanks her for before the others regroup.

The little boy that Makarri and Ikaris had saved on the beach walks forward and Sersi looks to Ajak, who gives her a subtle nod, then walks forward as well. She picks up a discarded stone dagger and transmutes it from stone into gold before continuing forward. She meets him in the middle and offers the new dagger out to him, he tentatively reaches for it.