✧.* Chapter 7 *.✧

"There you go." Chan carefully fastened the clasp of the dainty jewellery before looking up. The female watched him and smiled. He could only smile back. 

"Thank you." Danbi brushed over the cool metal with her thumb. "I thought it was gone for good." It was like she got a tiny piece of herself back. Gratitude made her chest feel warm.

They sat on the black sofa. It was to her surprise quite comfortable despite it being full leather and at first glance not plush. The pillow sat on her lap, covering her shorts and bare legs.

"If you don't mind me asking," Danbi was curious, "how did you recognize me?" When they first met at the airport, her face was covered by her mask and glasses. The clothes covered every other noticeable feature of her.

The idol smiled and gestured towards her wrist with the jewellery. "I saw your tattoo then when I helped you up." Her eyes wandered to the small design. She got the small design of a bumble bee done honouring her nickname and truly liking the animal. 

"The chance of meeting someone with the same design and placement is very slim." He explained, "And with the same name as well."

Danbi looked up and smiled. "Thank you so much." Tears stung in her eyes. 

"I saw it while playing earlier," his dimples showed again as the smile deepened. "There was a familiarity right away but I nor the kids could pinpoint it until then." He tilted his head slightly, watching her face closely.

Danbi reached for his right hand resting on his leg to squeeze it for a moment. "Geniuenly, Chan. Thank you so much. Even for getting it repaired." Chan put his free hand over hers and squeezed back. He smiled and it seemed warmer and more comforting than any other before. 

Just like the warmth that filled both of their chests.

"I'm glad I could give it back to you."

✧・゚: * ✧・゚:*  *:・゚✧ *:・゚✧

"There you go." Minho chuckled, watching Danbi with a proud smile.

The filming was almost done. The only remaining task being a TikTok video for the StrayKids account. With their new music out, it would be one dancing to one of the singles. 

Six of the members took a break, resting on the floor or one of the couches while Minho and Hyunjin helped her get the steps of the Maniac choreography down.

"You memorize everything so fast," Hyunjin watched her with wide eyes as she went through every movement to ensure they could start filming the short video. After only a few tries and questioning looks towards both idols, Danbi felt confident.

"If only all of the members would learn this fast." Minho was pouting, scolding the resting men. "Yeah." The others had heard him. Danbi covered her face with a hand and chuckled before signalling everyone that she was ready for the first take.

Everyone got into position and the staff turned on the music before counting them in. It took them a few takes to be satisfied with the outcome. Each time someone messed up by being too late with a step or movement and simply moved too close to the person next to them when changing positions. 

The main dancer would scold them for a few seconds before happily joining in on the laughter and smiles shared.

Seconds later Danbi was in tears when Jisung lost his balance and stumbled into Hyunjin, only to set a domino effect as they crashed into Seungmin behind them.  He tried to regain his balance and not be taken down by the pair, stepping sideways and reaching for Jeongin. 

It took him by surprise, leading to him falling into his leader. Saving the injured one by pushing him out of the way, Danbi didn't see how Chan managed to take Minho and Changbin down with him. The last reached for her shoulder in hopes of stopping the fall backwards, resulting in her on the ground as well.

She stumbled over said male before finding herself laying on the ground next to Chan with the youngest across his legs. The room was filled with yelps and groans until it went silent for a moment. The staff of both companies watching the chaos perplexed before joining in chuckling over the nine laughing young people on the floor. 

Her eyes found Chan's. He blinked slowly, trying to process what just had happened. She started laughing. It almost felt foreign to her, the warmth spreading through her boy while she was trying to stop laughing and catch her breath. Tears streamed down her face and her stomach started to hurt. How had she missed this feeling. Her laugh was pure, addicting to the ones around her. 

Everyone joined in before helping each other off the floor, dusting off. 

It was a good end to a long day of filming.