✧.* Chapter 5 *.✧

"You got this," Minho told her over the phone for the third time.

Danbi was so nervous, that she felt sick. The palms of her hands were sweaty and every time she raised one of her hands to push away a strand of hair her hand was shaking.

A few minutes earlier her brother had called her back after she texted him what was going on and how she felt. She needed his reassurance that she would be fine. At times like this Danbi doubted her abilities and her confidence was gone.

"Danbi?" Sohee walked into the storage room Danbi had found to calm her nerves. The older female knew the younger one well now and it was almost a ritual that she needed some alone time.

Danbi turned to the voice of her colleague, looking at her in a questioning way.

"Everyone is there and ready." Sohee smiled. Danbi nodded and watched her leave again.

"Bi, you will be fine. Call me when you've finished," Minho had heard the other woman. "Love you." With that, the siblings ended the call and the younger Choi left the room to walk back to the practice room. 

It was already full of staff members of JYP Entertainment, hustling around her colleagues. Danbi couldn't spot the eight idols yet. Sohee guided her in front of the cameras and made sure her makeup and hair were perfect one last time before the shoot.

Reading her cards for the tenth time in a row, the young female was a bit startled when suddenly greetings were exchanged after someone had entered the room. She had been so focused, she didn't notice the sound of the door.

Eight males walked up to her. 

Danbi had met many Idols before. Most of them were incredibly friendly and outgoing, and some were a bit more reserved but comfortable being around. She watched them interact with their staff in a very respectful way, greeting them with a deep bow and repeating it for the guests as well. 

Bang Chan, the leader of the group and the one who had found her bracelet and later escorted her to her car, even walked up and shook hands while bowing. 

Danbi bowed and shyly smiled at the members that had reached her. The artists returned the gesture and beamed at her, seemingly excited for the interview. Her hands cramped around the cards. 

It didn't go unnoticed by the eyes of the eight.

"Hello, Im Bang Chan, the leader of Stray Kids," the oldest walked up to her, holding his hand out for her to shake. Danbi almost dropped her cards while reaching for his hand and bowing deeply.

"I'm Choi Danbi, nice to meet you." Danbi formally greeted the older. They had a short briefing after the deal was finalised and she was only older than the youngest member by a few months. 

The members introduced themselves as well before everyone took their seats. The first sequence would be a short interview where Danbi asked then a few questions fans wanted to be answered.

"A little heads up, I am normally behind the camera and working there," She noticed her face getting warm and most likely showing a blush. "and this a first for me, please be easy on me." A small bow followed.

The eight smiled understanding and nodded.
"You got this. Fighting." Han gave her a thumbs-up, causing her to cover her face with one of her hands to hide the blush.

"We know the schedule and will do our best to make it as easy as possible. Team Work." Felix winked at her. It took Danbi everything not to hide her face fully behind her moderation cards.

Chan couldn't help himself and chuckle. The way she reacted, was adorable.
For a split second, they held eye contact. The eyes of the female became bigger, and even more colour found its way to her skin. Chan grinned, tilting his slightly.

✧・゚: * ✧・゚:* *:・゚✧ *:・゚✧

"Time for a break everyone." A staff member of JYP stood up. "You are all invited to join us for a meal in the cafeteria." The response where a lot of thankful words. They were filming for a few hours and only had very short breaks to take a sip or use the restroom.

Danbi smiled and bowed towards the staff. Her shoulders were finally a little bit less tense. No shaking in her hands. She laid her cards down on one of the tables behind the camera before reaching for a water bottle.

"Can you hand me one of the bottles, please?" A now familiar voice behind her. The leader of Stray Kids stood behind her with a smile resting upon his full lips.

"Here you go." She handed him hers before grabbing a new one.

"Thank you." Chan opened it without a problem. Danbi struggled to twist the cap open, her hands were back to shaking slightly but noticeably. "Let me help you."

He opened it while she held it. "Thank you."

Both drank in silence.

"You are natural at moderating, Danbi. If you hadn't told us beforehand, I would never have guessed it was your first time. Thank you for making everyone feel comfortable and included. Especially Felix with his back injury." Chan expressed his gratitude towards the younger woman in front of him. A huge smile on his face.

The nine had been playing games for the first part of the filming. Due to the back injury, Felix wasn't able to be part of any of them on his own with the movements needed. Danbi paired up with him, doing the challenges for him and the pair won almost every game.

It took Felix's focus off the inability to perform how he wanted, causing huge smiles on the member's faces. Truly a ray of sunshine.

"You're welcome. There's no need to thank me for that. I had fun pairing up with him and playing these games with all of you." The heat was back on her cheeks.

Both smiled at each other. All of them felt comfortable with one another.