Chapter 3

Song Wehrmacht
Artist: sabaton

( I really slept on this song for a while and now that I listened to it, it's become one of my favorites)

(Timeskip after the job)

Furlan was counting  the money earned from the last job.

Furlan: here. Sorry to keep you.

He hands the money towards the people sitting on the couch.

Furlan: for today and last time

One of them takes the money as they laugh, as they count the money. Furlan then hands the guy sitting on the chair so money

Furlan: here.

???: yeah. Thanks—

The guy looks down at the money then looks back at furlan with a shocked look on his face.

Furlan: don't spend it all at once, guys. You'll draw attention.

The three on the couch stood up, as the guy who took the money spoke.

???: yeah, we know.  Let's go!

???: yeah.

The Guy who has sitting on the chair hesitantly walks out the door. Furlan turned towards Levi who was cleaning his knife while at a table.

Furlan: work has gotten loads easier since we got our hands on ODM gear. And everyone gets a better cut.

Jack: we've only  done a couple of jobs, and what happens if we run out of gas?

Furlan: easy we steal some from the mps.

Levi: some of us seem to get more of it. Why's that?

Furlan sighed as he looked down.

Furlan: you've seen him. Yan's leg is only getting worse.

Jack got up and walked over to the couch and started to clean it.

Furlan: the medicine's expensive and the price keeps going up. These damn underground merchants.

Jack: and the price is just going to keep going up, soon we'll have trouble paying for food.

Furlan: yeah... you hear the stair toll went up too?

Levi: yeah.

Furlan: now even fewer of us will get a taste of sunlight.. all the stairs can name their own price so they can charge whatever they want. Even if you pay, you just get deported if you're not a resident of the surface. It's why so many people get bad legs here lack of sunlight. Not that they can do anything about it.

Furlan walked over and was about to sit on the couch but jack stopped him

Jack: hey I just cleaned it sit somewhere else.

Furlan: ok. Chill out.

He walked over and sat in the chair.

Levi: your mom was one of them, wasn't she?

Furlan looked at Levi in surprise.

Levi: so that's why.. still, it's looked like a chunk of change.

Furlan: it's severance pay.

Levi stopped clean this knife and looked. at furlan.

Furlan: he can't do this anymore. Hopefully, it'll help him find a good hospital.

Levi: I see.

Furlan looked at the money in his hands.

Furlan: just how much more do we need to live above?