17|real life

Somehow, January had ended up at a fancy restaurant way out of town with Jacob in front of her. This definitely wasn't a date, or that's what she kept telling herself but there she was in a nice dress sipping on her glass of wine. Maybe it was a date, they were surrounded by people wining and dining. January hadn't really thought it was, she thought it was just a dinner so they could discuss their future with music. They sounded great together, fantastic even, it would be stupid for her to pass up the opportunity to produce with him.

"It's good right?" He said dragging her out of thoughts.

"Really good." She said with a small smile.

She'd known Jacob for a few years now having met through mutual friends. They made a song together a few months back which went completely viral on social media and January's streams went through the roof. She was so happy she had managed to produce something so personal to her and have it be received so well by her fans. She knew she had to continue working with Jacob in the future, they were amazing together.

"You seen quiet today." He said with a small smile on his lips.

"Sorry, I was just thinking."

"Don't think too hard—" She chuckled, "I was just thinking about the music."

"Oh, well it's great and we're making into something really special." This sent a smile on my lips, "Yeah, we really are." She said.

They ordered their food, continuing talking about whatever was on their minds that day. The restaurant was located in central LA and happens to be a popular place, both January and Jacob managed to find it at a time where it was bustling with people. They had been several times and loved the atmosphere there. As their food reached their table they started eating, also laughing along at something Jacob was saying when the door swung open and a party walked in.

January looked up for a second seeing it was large group of people until her eyes locked on someone and she recognised them instantly. Oh shit, she thought. She hadn't expected to see her sister here with all her friends.

"Jan? Is that you!" Nova said locking eyes with her, Nova walked over and January stood up to greet her.

"Hey sis." She said hugging Nova, "What are you doing all the way here?" She asked.

"Dinner with Jacob." She said, Nova looked over and greeted Jacob, "Jacob! How are you? It's been ages."

"Hey Nova, I'm doing okay how are you?" Nova gave her reply and they smarted small talk until January noticed everyone else started to come over.

"If it isn't little miss January." Robert said opening his arms so she could step in, she absolutely loved Robert.

Once she'd greeted everyone her eyes locked onto Chris' and a wave of something passed through her almost making her weak in the knees. That definitely wasn't a normal feeling, his eyes drew her in and she felt like suddenly they were the only two people standing in the room.

"Hey, you good?" He said a small smile on his mouth.

She couldn't even get any words out but simply nodded her head returning his smile, "Well, we shall leave you to it, come say bye before you leave." Nova said pressing a kiss to her sisters head. The group all began to walk away leaving January and Jacob back to their conversation, they were sat not far from them and January had a perfect view of Chris who seemed to look up at her every so often.

"I forget your sister is Nova sometimes." Jacob says taking a sip of his drink.

"Me too." She jokes finishing up her meal.

"And friends with like the whole marvel cast." He adds, January playfully rolls her eyes, "Yeah yeah shocking I know." She laughed leaning closer on the table, at the moment she looked up noticing Chris' eyes on her.

He wasn't quite smiling and wasn't quite frowning, he looked unreadable in that moment. She wasn't sure what he was thinking but his eyes going from Jacob to her, he must've been thinking she was on a date with him. Instantly, that made her recoil back into the chair. She most definitely wasn't on a date with Jacob, she hadn't ever thought of him like that.

"You okay?" He said dragging her out of her thoughts.

"Oh yeah, do you wanna get the bill now?" Jacob nodded as he motioned for a waiter to bring it.

Once they'd paid for their food, they stood up ready to leave— "Hold on a minute, let me say goodbye." January said, they walked over to the Nova's table and everyone was happy to see her again.

"Okay we're gonna go now but enjoy your dinner guys!" January said giving her sister a kiss on the cheek, "Take care guys." She said before landing her eyes on Chris once more, they seemed dark almost as he looked her up and down.

"Bye Jan!" Nova said, with that January and Jacob made their way out.

"Thank you for dinner tonight." January said smiling at Jacob who instantly returned it, "Of course, any time." They walked over to Jacobs car getting in and beginning their drive back home.

January looked at the window not being able to help herself as Chris instantly took over her thoughts. Why was she still thinking about him? She sighed lowly and turned the radio on to focus on something else.

✧∗✧∗✧∗✧∗✧∗✧

hi! sorry this update took ages but here it is! hope you guys enjoy :)