chapter 1

**Location:** Tokyo, Japan 
**Time:** 6:30 PM

**3rd POV**

A young girl is on a phone call.

*Girl:* "Take-chan, where are you now?"

*Takemichi:* "I'm almost there."

**Girl:** "Oh? But I can't see the car."

**Takemichi:** "Huh? I'm walking, Hina-chan. It’s close by."

**Hina:** "Eh!? Take-chan, it's almost nighttime! You shouldn’t be alone!"

**Takemichi:** "Relax, I'll be fine."

**Hina:** "But—" she was cut off.

**Takemichi:** "I know how to defend myself, Hina."

**Hina:** "..." *'Take-chan only calls me that when she’s serious.'* *Sigh.*

**Takemichi:** "I see you in the distance," she says, hanging up.

---

What was the call about? Guess we'll find out now.

Hina looks around for her friend. "Boo," a voice whispers in her ear.

"Ack!!" She turns around and sees her friend, Takemichi.

"*Sigh of relief.* You scared me!" Hina says as Takemichi just laughs.

"Good evening, Hina-chan," Takemichi says in a playful voice.

Hina smiles. "Good evening, Take-chan," she replies, playing along. Takemichi giggles and asks, "What are we doing?"

"Hmm, well... we’re going to watch a movie!" Hina says excitedly as they walk into her house.

"What movie?" Takemichi asks.

"Well, what do you want to watch?"

"Hmm... maybe... *The Adam Project*?"

"Okay! Let's go. It’s on Netflix, right?"

"Yeah, it’s on Netflix," Takemichi says as they both get comfortable on the couch. Hina puts on the movie.

"What genre is it?" Hina asks.

"Action and comedy," Takemichi answers. Hina nods and presses play.

---

**After the movie:**

**Takemichi’s POV**

"You didn’t tell me it was sad!" Hina says, her voice filled with emotion.

I chuckle as she hugs me, tears in her eyes. I hug her back and say, "It’s not sad; it’s just a bit touching."

She shakes her head against my shoulder. "Touching my ass," she mumbles.

"Hmm? You want me to touch your what?" I ask playfully.

"N-nothing," she stutters.

I giggle as she becomes embarrassed. "Let’s just sleep. My parents won’t be home for a week," she says as she cuddles into me.

I hum in agreement as we both start drifting off to sleep.

---

**Introduction**

- **Hinata Tachibana**

  - **Personality:** Hinata has a very outgoing and upbeat personality

  - **Personality:** Hinata has a very outgoing and upbeat personality. She is optimistic and lights up the mood in difficult situations. Even in despair, Hinata remains strong to push forward.

- **Hanagaki Takemichi**

---

**Time:** 7:00 AM

**3rd POV**

Takemichi slowly opened her eyes, looking around as if trying to figure out where she was. As a look of realization passed through her eyes, she tiredly looked down to see a peacefully sleeping Hinata cuddling closely to her chest.

Takemichi blushed in embarrassment at the sight, gently moving the girl and replacing herself with a pillow as she got up. Feeling the coldness of the floor, she walked towards the bathroom, wanting to wash her face. After splashing water on her face, she exited the bathroom and headed downstairs to cook breakfast for herself and Hinata.

---

**Hinata’s POV**

I opened my eyes to see that Take-chan wasn't beside me. I got up, confused, looking around. *'Was it just a dream?'* I questioned myself. Suddenly, a scent hit my nose. *'Is someone cooking? I thought I was alone.'* I got out of my room and headed downstairs. When I walked into the kitchen, I saw Take-chan cooking. I walked over and hugged her from behind, surprising her with my actions.

---

**3rd POV**

Takemichi was too focused on cooking to hear Hinata's footsteps. When Hinata hugged her from behind, Takemichi was momentarily startled but relaxed when she realized it was just Hinata.

"You're awake? I thought you were still sleeping," Takemichi said.

Hinata just hummed in response, still holding on. "Why don't you go set up the table?" Takemichi suggested.

Hinata nodded, letting go of the hug and starting to set up the table. A couple of minutes passed, and Takemichi finished cooking. Hinata helped her bring the food to the table. Once everything was set, they sat down together.

"Thank you for the food," they both said in unison before digging in, making light conversation as they enjoyed their breakfast together.

for those wondering, this is the first time Hina has laid her head on takemichi's chest, so takemichi is embarrassed