Chapter 3

**Takemichi's POV**

I couldn't sleep. No matter how hard I tried, I just kept tossing and turning.

I guess this is one of those sleepless nights. With a sigh, I finally opened my eyes and stared at the ceiling for a moment.

The room was quiet. The only sound was the soft ticking of the clock.

Eventually, I reached over to check my phone, hissing at the bright light that immediately assaulted my eyes. '4:30,' it read. 'Ah, it's already morning,' I thought, feeling a mix of annoyance and resignation. 'I have nothing to do, so why not browse for a bit?' I decided, figuring I might as well pass the time with some mindless scrolling.

Before I knew it, time had flown by. 'How long have I been on my phone?' I wondered as I checked the time again. '5:40… I guess I got a bit too sucked in.'

With a sigh, I set my phone down and got up, heading to the bathroom for a shower. And yes, I had my clothes with me.

Stepping into the warm water, I let out a content sigh. 'This is the relaxation I've been looking for,' I thought, allowing the hot water to wash away the remnants of my restless night. A long shower was just what I needed.

After I was done, I dried my hair and did my skincare routine—basically everything to feel more awake. When I finally stepped out of the bathroom, I immediately grabbed my phone again to check the time. '6:40…' I had showered for exactly an hour.

'I wonder if Mom is already making breakfast,' I thought as I headed downstairs. Sure enough, I saw Mom busy in the kitchen. "Good morning, Mom," I greeted her with a smile. She seemed startled for a moment but then looked at me and smiled back.

"Good morning, sweetie. Can you help me with breakfast?" she asked.

I nodded and started setting the table while Mom continued cooking.

**3rd POV**

It was quiet for a while, just the clattering of dishes and the smell of breakfast filling the air. But Takemichi decided to break the silence. "Did Dad not come home?"

Akari, Takemichi's mother, paused what she was doing for a moment. "Ahh… no. Your father is a—"

"Busy man, I know," Takemichi cut her off, her tone slightly bitter. "Just wished he would spend time with his family."

Akari sighed softly and went back to cooking while Takemichi finished setting the table. The unspoken tension lingered in the air, but neither of them pushed it further.

*After they finished breakfast…*

"I'm going out for a bit," Takemichi announced as she grabbed her bag.

"Be careful," her mother reminded her, her voice laced with concern.

"Yeah, yeah," Takemichi replied, waving off her mother's worry as she stepped out the door.

The day was warm, the sun just beginning to rise higher in the sky, but even the fresh air couldn’t shake off the lingering boredom. "Ugh, it's soooo boring," she thought to herself as she wandered aimlessly through the streets. "Why did I even decide to go out?" she grumbled, regretting her decision to leave the house.

Suddenly, a piercing scream cut through the air. 'Huh... Is someone dying?' Takemichi thought, her curiosity piqued. Despite her better judgment, she felt compelled to check it out.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!" Another scream echoed, louder this time. 'I swear if I walk into a murder…' Takemichi thought, rolling her eyes but still heading toward the sound.

As she got closer, she spotted a guy standing over someone, his blond hair catching the light. He had a buzz cut that made him look intimidating. 'I knew it. Bald people are always trouble,' she thought, suddenly regretting her decision.

*Crack.*

'Shit,' she cursed internally, realizing she’d stepped on a branch. The sound was loud enough to catch the guy's attention.

"Who goes there!?" the guy yelled, his voice filled with anger.

'Shiiiiit,' Takemichi panicked, immediately turning on her heels and bolting in the opposite direction. 'Why did I ever think this was a good idea?' she thought as she sprinted away, her heart pounding in her chest..

Author note:

hiiii 👋 I'm back for a while

author note:
sooo.... I made the chapter better 😌