Chapter 40

So much had happened since the dinner with Toni's father. Joseph and Katherine decided to run off to Vegas and elope. Evelyn went with them because she needed to get away. Though their children were upset at first, they were just happy that their parents had found love in each other again.

Christie had proposed to LaToya and of course she said yes. They spent a week locked up in her house celebrating it. Everyone was shaking in anticipation for Janet and Toni's wedding. The only person that seemed to have the hardest time was Tamar. Her dream of a complete family was squashed and it took her a while to get over it. Thankfully, her new boo helped her through it.

Everyone was currently in London for the wedding that was taking place in a couple days. Right now, Janet and Toni were showering each other with love before separating until seeing each other at the altar. "Toni, baby. Stop crying. It's only twenty-four hours." Toni was crying on Janet's shoulder while Christie and the brothers waited for Janet.

"But we rarely spend a night apart."

"I know." Janet lifted her head. "But we'll be seeing each other and saying our vows before you know it." She wiped her tears.

"Okay. But call me before you go to bed. Is she allowed to do that?" Toni asked Jackie.

"Yeah, she can call you." Toni smiled.

"I'll make sure to call you, mamas." Toni held out her pinky and Janet rolled her eyes. "Toni, we are in our thirties. We have four kids. Don't you think we're a little old to be doing pinky swears?" Toni pouted.
"Fine." Janet locked her pinky in Toni's and they kissed each other. Janet went to pull away but Toni deepened it.

"Okay! That's enough." said LaToya. Janet's sisters, Toni's sisters, and their mothers were going to sit with Toni tonight while Janet went with Joseph, Christie, Mikey, and her brothers. Both brides had opted out of bachelorette parties so they were just going to hang out in their hotel rooms. LaToya pulled Toni away from Janet while Christie pulled Janet away.

"Love you, baby." said Janet.

"Love you, too." Janet left out with her group.

"Okay! Time to turn up!" Rebbie went and turned on some music.

"It's ladies night, what.
It must be Angie on the mic.
The Butter P honey got the sugar, got the spice
Roll the L's tight, keep the rhymes right
Yo, I just made this motherfucker up last night
And uhh... I'm the rookie on this all-star team
Me and Kim is gettin' cream, like Thelma and Louise, but on chrome
Never leave that Brooklyn shit alone
So if you say it's on, then it's on."

Rebbie bent over and started twerking. Traci went over to her and got crazy with her. Seeing as how she had recently had her son Kevin Jr. and healed up she had been feeling herself. "Yes, fuck it up!" yelled Tamar. They all jumped in and started dancing. Momma K and mommy just sat and watched. Toni danced over to them.

"Come on, ladies."

"No, sweetie. We're too old for all that." said Momma Kat. Toni made a face.

"Now Momma Kat. You know the minute you can, you're going to run off and hunch with Joseph. At least dance with us first." Toni pulled Katherine's arm and she got up. Once she made over to the ladies, she started dancing around. They all hyped her up and she started feeling herself. She bent over and started twerking, shocking everybody. "Oh my god! Get it Momma Kat."

"Go Kathy! Go Kathy! Go Kathy! Go Kathy!" they all chanted.

———————————————————————