『 chapter 7 』

Closer.

Third person view:

( let's skip some chapters here)

A week has passed, and seonghwa during that week he would come to check up on hongjoong to see if he's doing okay, and today , monday hongjoong promised he'll be coming to school. And obviously seonghwa was happy.

Seonghwa  got up from his bed, stretching a little but he couldn't stop thinking about what happened a week ago , such a small moment yet stuck in the mind of the male. He sighs, Getting up to get ready for school.

After an hour..

The male was ready, he tidied himself a little, as usual, before leaving. He goes down stairs, getting his breakfast as usual and left before saying goodbye to his parents.

" yah! You scared me! " the male exclaimed. But who was he talking too?, it was hongjoong. He was waiting for him outside his door to walk to school.

The short male couldn't help but laugh. Seonghwa sighed but smiled in the end, happy to see his dear friend smiling again. " Sorry for scaring you, but let's go to school now " the other male says, holding the tall male's hand afterwards.

It was sudden of him, but they just let it be and walked to school while holding hands.

At school.

It was the same, normal, boring thing. Learning. Seonghwa was in the middle of doing last minute homework that they had for maths which they had to hand in by today , meanwhile Hongjoong almost fell asleep in the middle of class until the bell rings. " Alright class, you can go before break now " the teacher said. They all got up and went out of class.

" look, there's the others! " hongjoong said, pulling seonghwa's hand to go to yeosang and wooyoung. " hello~ " hongjoong said to the other two males, giving them a wave. " hongjoong! Where have you been we missed you! " wooyoung said as he bringed in yeosang close to him and yeosang just agreeing afterwards.

" haha, Had some stuff to do so i couldn't come to school " he smiled afterwards, awkwardly. " well whatever. Let's do something I'm bored! " wooyoung pouted. " you're such a kid wooyoung" yeosang said, as he rolled his eyes as a joke.

"Boo! " someone said behind wooyoung's back. " yah! " wooyoung shouted, and turning around to see San. The others actually go to this school too, but they never had the time to hang out with each other as they used too. All of them parted ever since hongjoong and mingi got into a relationship. " sannie! " wooyoung said as he hugged San tight, giving him multiple pecks on the face.

Seonghwa just watched in confusion as he was new to this. " don't mind them, but this is San and this is jongho " hongjoong said introducing them. " you must be seonghwa? Well hello nice to meet you " jongho said as he shaked his hand with the other male. He seems pretty mature. But seonghwa was confused as to how they knew him. " Nice to meet you too but how do you know me? " he asked as the handshake was over.

" hong-" jongho was about to continue his sentence but he got nudged by hongjoong. Jongho was confused but hongjoong smiled. " they know you because... Uhm... " Well isn't it obvious?. Hongjoong talks about the male he likes, to the others a lot. He got a part time job at a café at where jongho, so as San worked at, so that's where he mostly talks about seonghwa.

" he talks about you at work! " San said ,acting Clueless even though he said it on purpose to make hongjoong embarrassed. Hongjoong became red after San said that. " san! ~why would you say that?! " Hongjoong whined, as he blushed as well.

Seonghwa was surprised but he blushed after the answer, he smiled yet also chuckled softly afterwards. " That's sweet of you joong it really is " he says with a slightly wide smile on his face.

The sentence that came from the tall male made hongjoong blush even more. A nickname and a sweet sentence? And it's even from someone he likes. He felt like he was about to explode. His face was visibly red but he couldn't stop it, he scoffed, drinking a bottle of water that came out of nowhere afterwards, to calm himself down.

Seonghwa laughed even more. " cute " he mumbled, he said it in a tone that hongjoong could hear it. Well someone's a flirt today. " I'm sorry what? " hongjoong said, he was processing what he heard from seonghwa, blushing even more once again.

" nothing. " seonghwa says bluntly, but with a little smirk appearing on his face. leaving the others because he hasn't finished the homework apparently. " hey! Wait for me! " hongjoong said as he run off to catch up with seonghwa.

The others watch as they both left. " well... " San said, whistling afterwards, trying to not keep the silence stay for so long. Jongho made contact with yeosang, both smiling at each other at the same time. Jongho kept the eye contact for a while until yeosang blushed. He had a cheeky smile up on his face, looking at yeosang's reaction.

With the two main characters of the story.. ✨

Seonghwa was doing his work as if nothing had happened. And hongjoong came in the class, panting. It was only both of them in the class. " hey! Now you're making me curious. What did you say to me?! " hongjoong said, as he took a chair to sit in front of seonghwa . Seonghwa smiled but said nothing and still did his work. Hongjoong looked at him doing his work. " you heard what I said " the older said to the younger in front of him. Seonghwa was about to get his pen to finish off his work until the male in front of him took it.

" if you want this pen you'll have to get it first. " the younger said to him, teasing the older a little. He did this just so that the older could repeat what he said. And almost half of the break they spent time chasing each other in class just for a pen. A pen.

Hongjoong sat on a table, raising his arm high so seonghwa couldn't get the pen. He sticked out his tongue teasing the older. The older came up to him trying to get his pen. " give it to me " the older says trying to get the pen. " you'll have to repeat what you said to me first " the younger said to him, annoying him more on purpose. Seonghwa sighed, as he was about to say the same word to the male in front of him...

Their faces were close.

Their faces were close to each other time the point their noses touch. Both froze on the spot, looking at each other's eyes , not wanting to move. Blushing red, it crept on their faces. The male holding the pen made a move, getting closer to the other male's face. The other male also made his face go close to the male in front of him, as if they were about to go for a kiss. But both had to part cuz the door was about to open. Going back to their seat as if nothing happened.

After school. ( I just wanna get the tea in quick)

The both walked their way home, silence, just saying nothing while they walked. "So... " hongjoong said awkwardly. " since tomorrow there's no school... Wanna hang out at the café I work at? " hongjoong said, trying not to make eye contact with the male walking beside him. " sure. I don't really have any plans tomorrow " seonghwa said as he looked at the short male walking beside him. " great then, 11 am. See you there " the short male said, as they finally made it back to their house.

Hongjoong waved goodbye to seonghwa until seonghwa stopped him, by grabbing the male's arm and pulling him close to him. Both looked at each other for a moment. But seonghwa stopped it by giving the short male in front of him a peck on the forehead. " see you there as well..cutie " he says as he goes to his house getting inside afterwards.

Hongjoong froze yet again but was smiling, going red and just squealing? On his way inside his house, all the way to his room. Just punching the innocent air that did nothing. He was happy, just happy.

~~~~~'~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

GOODNESS THIS IS ABSOLUTELY CHEESY AND CRINGEY BUT LET'S JUST KEEP IT IN 😭.