𝟙𝟚

Being taught your enemy's weaknesses by your other enemy (crush) was easier said than done. Well, it's best Julian didn't say it out loud anyway - that would make it feel less like a fictional story and more like something that was actually happening.

The first and most difficult part was the secrecy. Lexi had discovered their practices fifteen minutes into the first lesson, and she rolled her eyes like this situation had been her master plan all along. Julian didn't know whether or not to be relieved when she went back inside after making him promise to teach her everything later. After that, the two moved to the top of a nearby hill, where there would be less chance of spectators.

Next and the most embarrassing: the awkwardness. For an hour, Julian couldn't meet Robby's eyes, letting the silence fall other than the occasional instruction. It was a drastic change from their old skateboarding lessons, where they had joked and laughed.

Lastly, and the most mortifying, the fact that Julian still had a fat crush on Robby Keene, who was only helping out of pity for him and revenge on Kai. Definitely only because of those.

He'd be too ashamed to admit this, but it was killing him - feeling helpless to separate himself from the cobra kai student. He kept telling himself it would help the Eagle-Fangs in the long run, although he couldn't tell them about it, or else they would question where on earth he could gather that intel on the Cobra's fighting moves.

Julian's only plan was to learn, keep his distance (unless - of course - Robby confessed his undying love - that would be a different story), and learn as much as possible to kick Kai's ass; if they let him compete as a boy, of course.

Currently, they were going over an offensive movement: one of Kai's favorites, according to Robby. It was a series of simultaneous kicks and jabs, very flashy.

Julian couldn't get the movements right, and as he became more frustrated, the boy next to him stepped up, moving his hands into position. His skin was soft, radiating a comforting warmth.

The next time Julian tested the strikes on him, he got it almost perfect - besides the last part. After kicking the opponent, Robby had said to get closer quickly and take them down with a sweep to the back of the leg. While doing the movement, he got off balance, pulling Robby forward as he tried to keep upright.

Tumbling to the ground, they fell on the downward slope of the steep grassy hill near their flats.

Because of his brilliant luck, Julian grabbed Robby tight as he felt himself falling down the side of the hill, failing to stop and only causing more momentum, sending them rolling at top speed.

The grass got into each of their mouths, and as they finally slowed to a halt at the bottom of the hill - thankfully not on the roadside where the traffic was - Julian knew he was probably going to have a few light bruises covering his body the next day.

Robby blanketed him, making it a bit difficult to breathe - but hey, he wasn't complaining. When the boy pulled himself up slowly, he was above Julian, muttering an apology. His words trailed off as he was momentarily stunned by the person below him.

The moment was ruined as the boy below let out a humorous snort, hand immediately flying to his mouth to stifle any more noises.

"Wait, Julian, what? What's so funny?" Robby snapped of his trance as he spoke, blushing while shuffling off as he realized he'd been too close for more seconds than comfortable.

"Your- your hair." He snickered, reaching out and mussing the already crazy brown mess.

Robby ducked, laughing as he tried to fix it, combing his fingers through the locks. Julian lunged at him, anxious thoughts and worries abandoned as he reached for the hair again - determined to bring back the spiky look.