𝟙𝟙

Standing in the abandoned warehouse functioning as a dojo, Julian's main question was how Sensei Lawrence had painted the giant Eagle Fang Karate logo in mere days. Thoughts about Robby also flooded his brain, followed by the paper in the blond man's hand.

Lexi hadn't wanted to push him to come today, protesting he should give himself a few more days to let the cut on his leg heal, but he'd insisted he wanted this.

Robby was obviously conflicted, driven by the tournament, and manipulated by the Sensei at Cobra Kai. The boy had seemed like he wanted to be Julian's friend, and they had gotten close, but now Julian wondered if that was still true. He knew he felt more than a friendship, which was why, after many weeks, he still felt hung up on him.

He'd decided to forget about it, for now, willing himself to back away. Robby had broken their bond, so he would have to be the one to fix it - no matter how much it pained Julian. So, he would carry on to the tournament, kick some Kai ass, and if the boy found him suddenly irresistible during that duration, was that his fault?

"This is the worst thing that could have happened!" Lawrence shouted. "Skills competition, bullshit. Kata isn't karate - it's dancing. What's this girl's division? Thought they were all about women's lib. They ought to man up and take a punch like the rest of us."

"A girl's division!" Lexi huffed, practically seething. "I was planning on kicking Kai's ass to Mars. Also, Sensei, try to tone down the 'man up' talk." She continued with her effort to educate the man on things considered rude in society after his long hibernation of alcohol and odd jobs.

"Sensei, it sounds like we could use some more female students," Miguel said, Lexi nodding in agreement.

"Fine. Do any of you know any girls?"

Only the twins raised their hands, Julian almost snorting as no others did.

"Frescos, who've you got?"

"There's a girl on the debate team named Devon. She's brilliant, cool, and seemed to be fairly athletic." Julian said. He'd met her in math, her smarts and attitude reminding him immediately of Lexi.

"Debate team? We need killers, not more nerds. Lexi?"

"There's Megan on the lacrosse team. She's got create endurance, although not competitive without motivation."

Sensei Lawrence thought for a few seconds. "I'll consider it. While I do so, everyone go run some laps. Maybe it'll jog your memories. Try not to breathe too much; there's black mold in the corner."

The small group huffed, one by one turning and beginning what was sure to be a grueling practice. "Yay, us," Julian muttered to his sister as they set off slowly, letting the others run ahead and quickly tire themselves out.

Even though both were exhausted after practice, they volunteered to go with Miguel to scout out more girls for Eagle Fang. Based on Sensei Lawrence's general personality, the twins felt they were more obliged to stop him from scaring away potential girls by acting (as Lexi said) a "weird old pedophile,"

"When I went to the school, the only thing I was better at than karate, and I was pretty good at karate, was talking to chicks."

"I'll stop you right there." Lexi halted him, ignoring the annoyed expression. "First point, don't call them chicks. Your recruiting, not trying to sleep with them."

He huffed, nodding his head before hitting Miguel in the shoulder with the pamphlets. "Watch and learn, Diaz."

The three watched multiple encounters - all of them ending with the girls attempting to get away or shoving the flyer back into his hands.