𝟠

The next few days were stressful, especially with Julian's first Pre-Calculus test almost here - although Demetri had thankfully offered to help him study for it.

In terms of karate, it wasn't all that bad; his Sensei's had made him sit out most of the lessons the next few days when he had limped into the area with bandaged up legs. He swore they felt fine - a lie - but reluctantly abided to their order, doing the meditation exercises with Sensei Lawrusso and upper body strikes with Sensei Lawrence.

The cut on his left leg had reopened once more the other day, but the rest of the injuries had stopped bleeding, starting to scab over.

His newly acquired friend group had questioned his injuries, and he felt relief seeing the suspicion and anger directed at the Cobra Kai's vanish from their eyes when he explained it was just a skating accident.

At the moment, he was pretending to do the 'calming' drill his instructor was leading - but he was too busy hiding his laughter and pity as the students outside used Demetri as a human punching bag after accidentally kicking Lawrusso square in the face.

He cringed as one of the boys from Miyagi-Do, Chris, kicked Demetri right in the private parts, hearing Alex snicker from beside him in the open dojo.

A few minutes later, the lesson ended, the group of Cobra Kai, Miyagi-Do's, and the Fresco twins gathering together.

"Hey, I heard they're doing a drive-in movie tonight." Hawk began. "Bloodsport, I think. Are you guys up for it?"

"Heck yes! I love that movie!" Lexi bounced on her toes eagerly, sending a smile to Julian's face as he sighed and nodded.

"I'll be there too. Nothing like weirdly jacked men fighting each other to prove who is the most weirdly jacked man."

Demetri snickered at the statement as Lexi scoffed. "You can say you don't have taste, Julian. It's a classic movie; you can't go wrong. It's like the martial arts movie of all martial arts movies."

"Amen to that." Hawk clapped his hands together. "I'll text Miguel and Sam the details later. See you guys then."

Only then did Julian notice the couple's absence, remembering Sam complaining about going to a birthday party of one of her cousins after the lesson, forced by her mother.

Half an hour later, he and Lexi were home, bouncing with energy. They had a few hours to kill before the movie, so they started to spar with each other.

She didn't let up on him, even with the injury, and he found himself flat on his back in the grassy patch near his apartment several times. They talked as they fought, and soon she had Julian doubled over from laughing so hard he couldn't move.

They took a break after an hour, leaning against the short pillars outside his front door, relishing in the cool breeze. Julian had a weird moment of Deja Vu when he had sat here just a few days ago.

His head turned, hearing the roll of wheels as Lexi moved a skateboard - his skateboard - back and forth with her foot.

"I thought I left it at the park when I scraped my knees," He reached for it with his own feet, too tired to get up, when Lexi moved it out of reach. After minutes more of fighting with their legs, he rose with a grumble, snatching it off the ground and placing it down again with one foot on the end.

"You sure that's a good idea, Julian? Didn't you fall and tear up the skin surrounding your legs only days ago."

"Yes, but I am evolved now." He spread his arms wide. "In the words of Lady Gaga, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger."